Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 8/08 DONE! link to pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 6/6 details, details

Installed on the bike. Not sure I like it, everything seems crowded. If I keep them I will have to make a cover to hide the switches and wiring.

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

Hope this works. Through the magic of modern technology (a 1983 Sony Machiva) I present in exciting “Triplepixelvision” a short film I call “Snick! On, Snick! Off” Left switch is for the rear, right switch is for the front. If you see me riding while screaming and my lights are flickering quickly, it means I forgot I have a coaster brake…

All for now, GTB! Rg

Awesome idea and execution!!!!
I think I agree with you though. It may crowd it a bit.
Still cool!!!!

Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 6/7 switches video

I like it a lot. As for crowding, there are smaller brake levers and you could use one to control both.

DSC00301.jpg
[/quote]

That is genius! I have some levers off of a electric scooter that have momentary contact switches inside of them for brake light connection. But this is just COOL! Your bike looks great man. Keep it up! :mrgreen:

Thanks, but not really genius, I saw a hole with threads and thought "hole" and saw the switch stem with threads and thought "wonder if this fits". Got lucky, it did.

Anyway, I tore it all apart last night, I'm going in a different direction. I didn't want to, but the new version will be much cleaner.

Rg

Well have pride that you've done something that others *will* use in the future, rest assured.

I might make a bike with no brakes and instead just a brake light on a brake handle, that should be fun.

Cool deal, excited to see what you come up with.

I consider anything I come up with on here the property of myself and my ratrodbike brothers, so I will be honored to see any of my (our) ideas used on future bikes!

Anyone else will have to pay! :mrgreen: Rg

I am trying to figure out a way to add a brake handle to my ceiling fan now!!!! :shock: 8)

Okay, I have worked on these switches until I’m about sick of it and FINALLY have something that works! It’s a good thing this is all hidden by the tanks, it’s uglier than my Aunt Edna.

Basically I took the switches off of the hand brakes and welded up a bracket so I could mount the switches inside the tank actuated by brake cables. Trust me, the position of the bracket is critical. I also added a compression and tension spring to each mechanism to give a good feel to the hand brake levers. It was a lot of work for something that will go mostly unnoticed...

Not much of an update but it was time consuming to get it all to work well together.

Good luck, Rg

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00311.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 6/12 reworked switches

Oohhh MAN ...
That is Cool .!.!.!.!
I love the engineering of random "Junk " you're incorporating in this build ....
And making that set up inside the tank is Definitely engineering ....
In the end as you said, it might not be noticeable on the bike, but as you can see by all the responses by everyone WE are noticing ....
Vary, Vary Nice ...

Very cool indeed, I love the details that we work hours on that most people will never notice or see. It's called pride.

Strange, I thought the I had posted 10 minutes ago. Must be operator error.

You definitely get total praise for your excellent "redneck engineering*"!!!!!
Looks great and the ones of us that have been following the build threads will know what's in the tank!!
Now you need some servo motors on a 3 speed that allow you to have a pull chain shifter to change speeds just like a ceiling fan.

*That's a compliment!!!

raggedjim said:
It’s a good thing this is all hidden by the tanks, it’s uglier than my Aunt Edna.

I really laughed out loud when I read that.^ My co-workers must think I'm nuts!!

Awesome work man!! Just think.. you've done all the R&D and prototyping.. the next one you do will be a breeze! :wink:

Thanks guys, hopefully now I can move to other things, this has had me tied up a bit. I want to strip everything for paint but it can't be done until all details are worked out.

kingfish254 said:
You definitely get total praise for your excellent "redneck engineering*"!!!!!
*That's a compliment!!!

Of course it is, can it be taken any other way?

Crit: "I really laughed out loud when I read that.^ My co-workers must think I'm nuts!!"

Oh, I'm a funny guy, my coworkers KNOW I'm nuts...

Rg

this build is just ingeniously, iNsaNely cOOL!!!

Back