Junktracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow thats one cool boardtracker! Never seen it before!
Hmmm i think i made.my decision!

Hahaha maybe thats a good idea, he likes beer even more then me!:cool:

Customize!
Glad I could help you make a decision:thumbsup: I figured you would like an orange bike:grin: Hup Holland!

5aqe2u2u.jpg

I think i figured it out... also welded the bracket for the chainguard:D
haryru9e.jpg

y6esarut.jpg

3yqera2y.jpg

buhe9a2y.jpg

With the rear fender mounted..

Now time to grind and prime it!

Frank

Today i started cleaning up the welds, and after 1 minute grinding my angle grinder just decide to quit on me:(

Well no other option than filing...
More labour intensive but worth the time;)
vyhesyra.jpg

And my headtube was i bit deformed from welding the top tube so that needed some straightening to
uvudarat.jpg

Frank

Today i started cleaning up the welds, and after 1 minute grinding my angle grinder just decide to quit on me:(

Well no other option than filing...
More labour intensive but worth the time;)
vyhesyra.jpg

And my headtube was i bit deformed from welding the top tube so that needed some straightening to
uvudarat.jpg

Frank
Frank,
Digging the design and effort you are putting into this cool build. Can't wait to see more.

Thanx guys!
Seeing al the cool builds that are going on in this buildoff and on the forum really inspires me!
And about the tools, thats on of the benefits of working in a bike shop;)
But the cool part is that that's the bench nobody uses so it has the least tools:rolleyes:

Frank

At last vacation! Got same work done today
Cleaned up the welds a bit with a file, removed the powdercoating and put the frame in my high tech paint booth:rolleyes:
ymu3epaz.jpg

Primed it so it wouldnt rust
usejyzap.jpg

Placed my wiring through the front frame for my rear light, it will eventually come out the frame near my rear wheel.
y5unu6ej.jpg
aze6y7ab.jpg

Mounted my bracket
gabarury.jpg

Then i did an assembly
a9yha5an.jpg

y7y7ysaz.jpg

I decided to go with a fork i had leftover from my previous bike because when i need to fabricate a fork i'm not gonna make the deadline

I still need to shorten to fork, shorten the steer and finally paint everything, frame, tripletree, rear fender, chainguard, rear sprocket and the kickstand.

Thats all for today now its time for a beer:cool:

Frank

Last edited:
That Frankenstein frame really came out great!!!
You should post it over on the CABE and ask if they can help you determine the year and make of it. :p
The build is looking sweet! :thumbsup:

A little update today..
Started on the paint job which was a bit disappointing because i think i had some bad paint but i'm sticking to it..:(
Triple tree painted
yga6a8ub.jpg

Frame and cog painted
eneze3yz.jpg
aja2e8em.jpg

Kickstand and handlebars painted
a7agage6.jpg

atamugyh.jpg

The bad news is al my paint was bubbling and i dont know why, i started with the orange for the accents and that was good but the green just bubbled a lot :mad:
The white parts are going to be painted a kind of burgundy red and i still need to paint the chainguard and the fender but for today i had enough...

Frank

Latest posts

Back