Just bought a bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what I have any help is appreciated.
The odd thing to me is the way in which the middle bar attaches to the seat post , the top bar removes like a bantam but the middle bar is different and the top bar isn't exactly the same.
4EB15DAB-6B6D-4505-B8D0-60353816B81F-1663-000001CFB9889E19_zpse07a2ce8.jpg

The junctions of the seat stays and upper down tube look Murray to me. The thing that's odd is the lack of Murray style rear drop outs.

The lucky seven chainring does not belong on there. I don't think any of the other companies had a look alike version of it.

ok I'm no expert but I remember schwinn selling convertable banana bikes in the late 60s and early 70s. I'll go out on a limb and say schwinn convertable. The forks and the seat are an attempt to modernize it probably when the BMX bikes started to come on around 1976 or so.

I appreciate the help. After looking on here I found this that looks like the same one, minus the top bar that is removable.

KGrHqRlwEF0cgfpDBQCIRcBYQ60_3.jpg
[/quote]

froggy99 said:
ok I'm no expert but I remember schwinn selling convertable banana bikes in the late 60s and early 70s. I'll go out on a limb and say schwinn convertable. The forks and the seat are an attempt to modernize it probably when the BMX bikes started to come on around 1976 or so.

Schwann had the bantam which had the removable top bar. The bantam had a much cleaner mounting for the bar than the Murray does.

Even with that bar, it's still a girl's bike. :mrgreen:

Back