just finished[kind of]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well I got this Breeze from Chimichunga[thank you my wife loves it!!]and she is pretty stoked on her new ride.Her last bike was stolen a few weeks ago so this is her replacement.Alot of dumpster dive parts,seat,tires,bars,sprocket and cranks.I got the frame and it was spray bombed banana yellow and rust over the beautiful original metallic blue.But I blasted it down to bare metal,shot it,wet sanded ,shot again and cleared.polished out a couple things for some bling,the rear wheel is a old JC Higgins so Im gonna trade that out for a chrome wheel to match the front.and I'll go with some 1.95 WW when more funds come available.I have some nice chrome fenders and my wife will be set.Now on to my build!!

BEFORE:

mistysschwinn012.jpg
mistysschwinn01050.jpg
and after
[url=http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk7/mnmhowes/mistysfinishedbike00750.jpg]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk7/ ... e00750.jpg[/url]
mistysfinishedbike00650.jpg
mistysfinishedbike00450.jpg
mistysfinishedbike00250.jpg
mistysfinishedbike00150.jpg

Cool bike. I am building my first bike and it so happens to be a breeze for my wife as well. Seems like a great bike. I found mine in the trash What size tires are on there now? Will 1.95s fit? I haven't tried but these old schwinns seem like they didn't leave alot of room.

No they dont have too much room at all.I am running a 26x2.125 on it right now and the front barely clears.The back seems alittle better but I cant run the fenders that I want to put on.Im gonna scale down to a 1.95 or maybe a 1.75 Im not sure yet.But the 2.125 is what the dumpster provided,so thats what she got haha!Post some pics up,and see what your workin with.Im lookin for the chainguard also.

Haha yeah it was a pain in the butt!I used a bike stand a 2x4 and some good ol American muscle!!Took awhile but it finally broke loose.Thanks again bro for the hook ups!

Back