just picked up this bad boy today...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in storage for years...I got the black, wald 5" rise bars, red mkt pedals, leather spring saddle, leather grips and new tires on the way. Im regreasing it, putting a new springer bump stop in, and thats it. Rims are beautifully rusty but perfectly straight. I'll be sure to post pics with the new parts.
Rockin it just like that. Been looking for this frame/springer for YEARS!!!

Attachments

• PXL_20240320_193700241.jpg
    PXL_20240320_193700241.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20240320_193706850.jpg
    PXL_20240320_193706850.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240320_193726691.jpg
    PXL_20240320_193726691.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
in storage for years...I got the black, wald 5" rise bars, red mkt pedals, leather spring saddle, leather grips and new tires on the way. Im regreasing it, putting a new springer bump stop in, and thats it. Rims are beautifully rusty but perfectly straight. I'll be sure to post pics with the new parts.
Rockin it just like that. Been looking for this frame/springer for YEARS!!!
That looks like a nice early Panther what is the serial? Is the springer locking? Looks like decent pair of bottle cap pedals.

Congratulations, that's a super cool find. A little bit of grease, a little bit of scrubbing, will go a long way
thanks...speaking of scrubbing, what do you recommend to scrub the frame with? I love the patina, but I'd like to remove the grime and bring some life back to the paint. ive been in the custom paint business for decades, but this is quite different. I dont want to polish it. Any suggestions?

thanks...speaking of scrubbing, what do you recommend to scrub the frame with? I love the patina, but I'd like to remove the grime and bring some life back to the paint. ive been in the custom paint business for decades, but this is quite different. I dont want to polish it. Any suggestions?
WD-40 and 0000 steel wool

You could use some polishing compound as well. Either way follow it up with a good waxing.

Latest posts

Back