Just Playing Around

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got both Boa's mounted. Its going to look pretty good with them on there,
Still have a little welding,grinding and build the dropouts and its getting closer.
DSCF0001-123.jpg

DSCF0006-9.jpg

Thanks Peatbog. Its probably close to what a stock Schwinn looks like. Its hard to tell since I cut all of that off.
I stretched it about 6 1/2'' and then now it will take however wide a rear tire you want to put into it.

Dang that things sweet, nobody makes one flow quite like Stretch, sick. You should weld the rear drops under the chain stays so she'll be a little higher in the back and look like a fat 50's gasser.

Thanks Randy its coming along pretty good so far.
Carbon they should be about at the back of that bottom stay. I kinda have them pictured in my mind.
I have made a couple mistakes. I had a 6'' piece of tubing on the BB to the stay. I was stretching it
6'' so I thought that was a good length. It puts the chain stay too close to the BB and the back of your foot
will hit that stay. I made that mistake before , and was lucky that I realized what I was doing before I did it
again. Its funny how simple mistakes can mess up a build. Getting old I guess. This one should be a cake walk
but you have to watch your measurements on anything you build or you wind up with a piece of junk that
won't ride right.
This one is a bunch of leftover stuff just for something to do. I haven't bought anything for the frame. :D

Thanks Arron its been a fun build. Its getting close to the hard part....Pick a color.
I will probably start with red like the wheels and then who knows what color it will end up. :roll:
I am hoping this minor cold front we are having doesn't last long.

Beautiful symmetry....flows perfectly. 8)

Looks like a factory, one-off Schwinn. 8)

Sleepy .....Deven thanks alot for the kudo's. I'm going to hit it again today and see if I can gets a little more done.

Thanks Luke. Really all I have done is just stretch a Schwinn frame 6 1/2'' and make it
where you could use wide tires. Wasn't any real designing going on this build. Just
for fun, and a little entertainment factor, while everybody endures some winter. :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
Thanks Luke. Really all I have done is just stretch a Schwinn frame 6 1/2'' and make it
where you could use wide tires. Wasn't any real designing going on this build. Just
for fun, and a little entertainment factor, while everybody endures some winter. :lol:
Winter? Was 37 degrees Celsius here in Australia today! (97F) Expecting worse tomorrow-39C (100+F) and total fire ban too, so that is no welding, grinding in the open air either. Bush fire season...

Guess I wont be working on the bike tomorrow... :(

Luke.

Thats funny Houndog. You had your chance. Really they look good on a regular width rim.
My front is a normal size and the back is the 80mm wide one.
Ok I got the dropouts made and everything welded and then its all sanded down. Even with it
stretched 6 1/2'' it still looks proportionate . The silly thing is looking pretty good.
DSCF0004-39.jpg

That is awesome, I still like the idea of bringing the chain stays out past the dropout and either angle cut them or bend them out like exhaust pipes.

Thanks , glad you like it. I probably should have done something a little more out there, but I kinda
had it pictured in my mind the way I wanted the build to go. Its hard to change once you have decided
on a build direction. Well for me anyway. Maybe the next one. :D

Back