Just Playing Around

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the Schwinn stretch is finished. I still have to come up with some cool
way to put the shifter for the nexus 3 speed on....but its rideable.
Its a little close with the seat all the way down. If I did a laid back seat post
then it would be a stretch to reach the bars and they are perfect right now.
May just raise the seat up a little. Lost the Schwinn head badge in all the excitement.
Hope you like it.
DSCF0002-118.jpg

DSCF0004-40.jpg

DSCF0005-11.jpg

DSCF0006-14.jpg

DSCF0008-9.jpg

Thanks Aaron glad you like it.
Its funny Peatbog I needed to fill up the tube ends anyway and I found out a handle bar
would fit in there tight so I cut a couple short pieces an put them in there. Kinda added a little. :lol:

Thanks.
Thats funny. It was misting here and I wanted a quick ride for a shakedown. I parked it
real quick and ran in and got my camera before it started to rain hard. Just happened to be that side. :oops:

Its kinda funny Schwinnray, It really has quite a bit of work in it, but looks so stock. :cry:
Glad you like it. Was worth building to see what one stretched would look like.

Uncle Stretch said:
Its kinda funny Schwinnray, It really has quite a bit of work in it, but looks so stock. :cry:
Glad you like it. Was worth building to see what one stretched would look like.

Looks stock :eek: ...not at all! :shock: Those rear stays look so cool 8)

Like I said before, If you don't like it, just send it to me :p :lol: :p

If I decide to give it away, you will be first on the list. I haven't really ridden it yet.
The quick run today wasn't much and then it started raining. Good ol Texas weather.

Uncle Stretch said:
If I decide to give it away, you will be first on the list. I haven't really ridden it yet.
The quick run today wasn't much and then it started raining. Good ol Texas weather.

Second Dibs if SCHWINNRAY passes! :lol: :lol:

Ok pick your second on the list, but don't get too excited, its probably going to stay.

Yep Chuck its the tired ol Schwinn you gave me.....looks better huh?
DSCF0001_zps414a69b1.jpg

DSCF0002-120.jpg

Looks good I would like to do a pedal forward on a worksman Inb. I don't have to much time for my on projects anymore. Anytime you need a project frame or stuff you know where I'm at. Glad it worked out for ya. Good job!!

I really appreciate it Chuck. Gave me something to do. Keep a worksman frame handy your
going to trash and maybe I can do a little magic on one for you. I owe you anyway. :wink:

Whoa whoa whoa right there. Thought you didn't like schwinns? Or have I been gone that long?

Did you build the springer also? It is really nice. I have my grandfather's old bike and was wondering what type of set up to do. I really like this. Congrats.
Eddy :)

karfer67 said:
Whoa whoa whoa right there. Thought you didn't like schwinns? Or have I been gone that long?
Thats pretty funny. No I didn't turn over a new leaf or anything. I just got a trashed out bike from Chuck to play with.
Choices were a Schwinn or a Worksman. Picked the Schwinn. Its been a long time since I chopped up a stock bike.
Ponyboy the fork is off a Monarch. They are fairly plentiful around here if you keep an eye out.
Glad you like the build.

Latest posts

Back