Just What bike can you not find????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dragnusa said:
kingsting said:
dragnusa said:
I want a Huffy Thunder Road with the 56 plates on it

I remember one summer when just about every kid in the neighborhood had one of those. Most were destroyed by the time we went back to school in the fall. They didn't hold up and now nice ones bring premium prices. :shock:
I dont know about not holding up, that was one of the toughest bikes I had. I had one my brother got then it was passed down to me and I think the worst thing I ever did to it was snap the back axle( it was like 12 yrs old when it happened) and then the time I had an insane wipe out on it and stuck my foot thru the frame number plate. I bet I put 20 miles a day on that bike growing up in my small town

Many of these had 20 spoke wheels with thin steel rims. They also had a long fork and very short frame which led to strange handling. Some kids built a ramp out of a sawhorse and that was what led to the demise of most of them in my neighborhood... :roll:

A few years back, I had one with the 54 numberplate on it. It had genuine Carlisle tires on it too!

I would love to find a decent 36 hole Schwinn Forewheel brake that works and isn't worn out and the owner doesn't think it's gold plated or something! Thanks!!!

For me the only bike I have ever wanted is the Murray Eliminator Mark II with the big swoopy frame, the large, enormous chainguard and those pretzel handlebars. I want the three speed version with the drag brake, optional spring sissybar, and optional 16 inch springer front fork. I don't care is its rusty or the color. I'd even trade my hufy rail with the drum brake 5 speed wheel for one.

I wish one day to own a Elgin Bluebird! And...When I get much, much better at welding and pipe bending I wanna make me one too!
A5DAE9F7-1E85-4DEB-AFC2-190BB00CF5F3-400-0000006403F846BC.jpg

I wish I found this one! If just slap new tires on it and ride as is!!!
29485F2A-370C-4E30-8B2C-7CE45DD6C20F-400-0000006404AFCA4F.jpg

I once had a three speed Murray Eliminator Mark II, and A Muray King Kat at the same time. I ride my bikes most everyday and the king kat was the worst bike to ride. Both the firecat and king cat bikes have the worst way of attaching the handlebars. They use clamps. And no matter how tight you get them, even with new bolts and locking nuts, the handlebars always move when you ride on uneven roads or bumps, it sucks.

I am desperately looking for a Murray Mark II Eliminator bike. As long as I find a good frame with a good chainguard I'll be happy. Any more parts is just icing on the cake. Without a good frame and chainguard I can't start to build anything.

For me my dream bike is a Murray Mark II Eliminator.

I've deceided to sell my Huffy Rail because I want the Murray Eliminator Mark II bike more. I will be posting pictures of the huffy rail and the price today around 6:15-6:30pm on the for sale section of the forum. If you have a Murray Eliminator Mark II bike and are interested in the Huffy Rail I would do some trading.

I'm really not into BMX anymore but would love to find one of these. Rode one just like this around in the late 70's early 80's.

F4530D61-A308-4DEC-A75A-37BB657E2E24-2284-0000040CE57659E2_zps51a4e1fc.jpg

I found this pic on the BMX museum site.

RatSphinx said:
I'd be happy to find the missing stuff to finish this one.
Twin-Flex001.jpg

Oh my! That's a dream bike of mine!!!

Well I'm beginning to think that nobody ever gets rid of or sells the bike I'm looking for.

I never thought finding a Murray Eliminator Mark II bike would be so hard. I can find most any other kind of bicycle for sale but not this one. I found one on ebay once for six hundred fifty dollars but it sold and it wasn't even in good shape for that money.

A good frame and good chainguard would even be a place to start at least. I may just let this dream die. it doesn't lok like it will happen, and I'm not paying hundreds of dollars for a bad bike. I just wanted something for two hundred bucks or less that I could work with, a place to at least start. Say, frame, chainguard and sissybar with springs. Or frame, chainguard, springer 16 inch fork..something.

Been looking for over 6 years. No luck at all. This bike is impossible to find and so are its parts.

jitin25 said:
bike2112 said:
One Day Hopefully. It's tough being picky and poor.

Road+King+Original.jpg

Indian-1921-scout-kn-1.jpg

It's amazing this bike is so funny. Before today i have not saw that type of bike.,,

I bought one of those funny looking bikes last year. It's not as complete as that, of course, but it's pretty cool, none the less.

Still cant find a Murray Eliminator Mark II or even a frame and chainguard. These bikes are impossible to find even incomplete. At least for under $200. I'm not expecting to find a whole bike for that, but a frame and chainguard with the rear fender would be a start at least.

Wish I never sold mine many years ago. I didn't know what I had and the guy that bought them made me think they were nothing special and kept picking the two I had apart and ended up paying me near nothing for them. Then I talked this year to him and he said he sold them after painting it for like two grand and that was just the one bike. I sold the bike to him for a hundred or less. I have learned alot the hard way and tend not to trust most bike people around my area. Around my area everyone is out to get the other guy, bikes are not a friendly hobby here, here bike people are not nice.

Where I live all bikes are is a way to make money. the people who are into bikes are generally rude, don't care about anything but themselves and couldn't care less about fellowship or helping anyone out. Here its all about money, not being friends or riding the bikes or helping anyone. The only reason I'm still in the hobby is because I like the bikes, not the people. Of coarse I have two exceptions to this. But even they never have any time for anything other than making money. I always call and try to set stuff up, or try to swing by and buy stuff and chat but all anyone wants to do is buy stuff and sell it. I only see these people at swap meets, they never want to talk, and I'm always avoided. So here at least, the people suck.

I have had great luck with the people on this site. So far everyone seems nice and genuine and helpfull and decent. Wish the people into bikes in my area cared about more than just only money.

I actually wish that bikes would not be worth being into profit wise. That you couldn't make any kind of profit or money on bikes. It would rid my area of all the slime and I'd have genuine bike people to deal with.

Back