Kalkhoff 3spd.....sort of

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
....or it was when I loaded it.......

I picked up this Kalkhoff women's 3spd from a neighbor for $5. It was in beautiful shape! I liked it for it's uniquely shapes finders and the Sachs 3spd hub. So I brought it home today.........I loaded it onto the roof rack, began driving the whole mile back to my house at 35mph and hear a noise on the roof. I look in the rear view mirror just in time to see it falling off the roof onto the road........ :shock: You can see the damage. The good thing is even though the rear fender is messed up now, i can still bob it and use it.

Sucks when something on the roof rack gives out...... :(

Bummer.. things happen...not the end of the world but upsetting i'm sure..I found a pair of his/hers high end Diamondback Mtb in the dunp that had must of come loose on a rack and the front tires and rims were ground down to like the hubs..lol but the rest of the bikes were mint..quick fix.. Good luck with the fender.. :wink:

Thanks. I'll still strip it for parts. I can bob the back fender. The micro-sized chain that connected the rear hub to the cable was destroyed and the left grip got a little road rash ( the grips are almost square.....wierd). So some damage here And there but I'll still get my $5 worth out of it!

Thats why I don't use racks. Doesn't matter if they are on the roof or trunk. Why? For the reasons you see here. This is the kind of luck I usually get.

Latest posts

Back