Kawasaki BX100 Score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:D

kawasakibike.jpg

kawasakibike2.jpg

Markm said:
too cool!!!!! throw a motor on it!!!! :D

How about not throwing a motor on it and restoring it or selling it to someone who will.

You are now responsible to that bike and a Rat Rod or any similar creature will simply not do.

Congrats, great find.

That's one of the more collectible bikes out there.

Keep it as original as you can, it doesn't look like you need to paint it, so right now I can tell you that you shouldn't.

Are you a member of a BMX forum?

You are very close to having a top notch collector, there, so don't mess it up.

Once you fit it up, with accurate parts, it would easily bring $500. Maybe much more.

Lonewolf said:
Once you fit it up, with accurate parts, it would easily bring $500. Maybe much more.

after the big leadup about it's scarcity and value and concern over it's destiny i'd say that number is, well, 'underwhelming'.......... :D

These early bmx bikes were made by a guy by the name of Bill Bastian who later founded Race Inc., and were made between '74 and '76. Nice racing pedigree and becoming a bit harder to find as time goes by. $500.00 is really pushing it though, I'd hang onto one like that anyway.

Lonewolf said:
That's one of the more collectible bikes out there.

Keep it as original as you can, it doesn't look like you need to paint it, so right now I can tell you that you shouldn't.

Are you a member of a BMX forum?

You are very close to having a top notch collector, there, so don't mess it up.

Oh, one more thing the B100 was never painted it was ball burnished aluminum, the B200 was the only one that was painted and came in Kawasaki green.

dcbw.gif

Yeah I was gonna chime in on this one.I was gonna say I hope you werent gonna paint it since its the only MX bike that came in aluminum ''I believe''.Polish that bike out and have one KILLER mx bike.I dont think thats the original seat.It looks like a squashed banana seat!HAHA!! I have the metal MX seat frame but it needs to be recovered.Let me know if you need it.

bikejunkie said:
Yeah I was gonna chime in on this one.I was gonna say I hope you werent gonna paint it since its the only MX bike that came in aluminum ''I believe''.Polish that bike out and have one KILLER mx bike.I dont think thats the original seat.It looks like a squashed banana seat!HAHA!! I have the metal MX seat frame but it needs to be recovered.Let me know if you need it.
Please lmk abt the seat frame, am interested. Thanks.

Yesterday, I saw one of these in good condition asking almost $1000.00 on OhPleasebay.

Lonewolf said:
Yesterday, I saw one of these in good condition asking almost $1000.00 on OhPleasebay.

Yikes! Mine is cleaning up well. Should have my wheels this week. and i've started making a seat, which I thinkg will turn out well.

New pics when its done.

Back