***Kia Ora From New Zealand***

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all fellow bike builds out there
I am Glen Sheaff a strapping 35yr old Kiwi, I live in Mt Maunganui on the North island of New Zealands east coast.
Got into beach bikes when me and my wife had our hony moon in CA about 10 years ago, we both got dyno's and rod them all up and down the coast, then shipped them back to NZ. As these are not found very often in NZ we where stopped in the street and asked where they came from. Since then we have held on to them and have only replaced them last year. I now ride a Felt Surf City Balsa, and my wife rides a Huli Huli electra. We have two kids and they both ride crusiser as well. I have been wanting to build a bike for a long time and got very inspired when i found this site. It took a while to find a good bike to use as there are not many bikes on offer in NZ. The best thhing was the day I started to strip my new bike a email popped up saying Bike build off is on so I just had to put up my bike as it was like fate........Last year we started the Hula Curiser Club

Club1.jpg

Love all things beach bike but it is very hard to find parts etc we end up importing from the USA but as the kiwi $$$ is .... agaist the USD it make for and expenisve hobby
DSC03746.jpg

This is the work space i have under my house, I only set it up for bikes about a week ago, other wise it just hold toy,boards,beach stuff etc.
looking foward to use the site a bit more as this is gold for a person like me, it keeps me wanting more. I think it is time to save up for a trip to the USA to bring back some parts and projects, looking foward to seeing what you all get up to.

Glen Sheaff Nz

WELCOME! Looks like a great group to ride with............Good luck in the build off.

Rat Rod said:
Welcome Glen...that group shot is sweet as. :wink:

I'll add to that.......sweet as, Bro' :wink: .

Is that a Canterbury Sailplanes slope soarer hanging in the shed? I learned to fly with an Eraser.

bean said:
Rat Rod said:
Welcome Glen...that group shot is sweet as. :wink:

I'll add to that.......sweet as, Bro' :wink: .

Is that a Canterbury Sailplanes slope soarer hanging in the shed? I learned to fly with an Eraser.
It is a desgin me and a local guy made, similer with a few mods, we fly off the mount at the end of the road where i live, sick place to fly plenty of up draft, just have to dodge the para boys!!!!!

Latest posts

Back