Kia Ora from New Zealand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gday...

Sam here.

Affectionately known as Dodgysam.

I've been tinkering with bikes for quite a few years now but have only recently discovered you guys.

Most of the bikes Iv made have had standard frames with bolt on bits but in 2013 some mates bikes had me pining for something more...dramatic.

So this was the result.

Its not as pretty as most of the bikes I've seen on here but I dont do pretty...I do rugged.

IMG_7765_zpsdd84f453.jpg

The other thing Iv been working on is a velodrome racer...Home built motorbikes with agricultural spec engines...so like lawn mower engines or generator engines etc...
If you're interested I will post up a pic of that.

Last edited:
Welcome to RRB! We need to see some details on that front wheel.
My wife and I drove all over the North and South islands a few years back and loved it.
I especially liked the Crunchie candy bars in the Hokey Pokey ice cream.

Cheers for the hearty welcomes.

The front wheel was only put on this bike because I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it cheaply and easily.
photo121_zps897206d1.jpg

Then I made up 8 of these one night on night shift when I shoulda been working...(meh...who wants to work!)
photo220_zps8af3d8a0.jpg

photo45_zps4918b1a8.jpg

I had these laser cut...and if I was to do it again Id have them cut from Aluminium and have speed holes cut in them too...cos the finished wheel weighs about 15kgs.
photo13_zps415e0f1c.jpg

photo10_zps7c41f770.jpg

photo23_zpsd9c8a386.jpg

Last edited:
Back