TRADITIONAL Kickin it

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, those tiller bars are really long! I agree, they may be better served on a more stretch style build. But they are very cool!

I love the 'sunken crate' idea. One idea would be to cut it down the middle lengthwise, mount a regular bike rack on the bike, and then hang the two halves on each side so they line up and look like a complete crate. Then in the back and front, add your cross slats so they match up and give it more of the box look.

Looking forward to what you come up with!

cRaTe oN~!
Yup I was thinking of doing a channel down the center, I may lower the overall high of the box by lowering the top plank sides down so there's no gap between the top and bottom plank sides....maybe

Yeah, I gotta find some lawnmowers now.
Great idea to recess the wheel into the krate.

Cut out a mouse hole at either end and sat it on the back tyre with a bit of wood for a spacer between tyre and crate and like it, I don't think I will lower the crate by losing the gap between planks
20240618_155106.jpg
20240618_155724.jpg
20240618_160756.jpg
20240618_162545.jpg
20240618_162538.jpg
20240618_162612.jpg
20240618_162622.jpg
next is to cut down some planks to make an upside down U tunnel to cover the wheel/tyre (even tho it looks cool to see the tyre through inside the crate ) I want to be able to put stuff in it, maybe I can do it so it can be detachable?

Cool.
I like how the ABC triangle kinda hits at what's going on in the crate too.

Cool.
I like how the ABC triangle kinda hits at what's going on in the crate too.
Yer I noticed that when I sat it on there at the beginning, I have found a strut from a metal front basket that will work as the support hopefully, if not I have plenty of stuff laying around to use

That glass bottomed crate is perfect! Great way to preserve the view of the tire, and retain the wood look and utility of the original crate. I was going to suggest a false floor, that would sit above the tire level, but this is better. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back