Kidney Stew - together but not done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kidney Stew - pinstripin started

This is why I am sending you my tractor seat! Your a natural!! By the way, love your bike build! I need to hook up with you for a address to send you my seat! :mrgreen:

Keep at it and I hate you....nuff said. :p

You have SKILL 8) Keep up the great work :mrgreen:

snydur said:
my mom tells me that me learning to pinstripe is pointless. kind of a bummer since ive wanted to learn for a,long time. have afew brushes saved up and stashed away, and always find myself sharpie striping on everything. this just makes me want to learn even more. i just am really loving the colors. keep it up!
thats kinda sad that she says that , i say give it a whirl if you really want to try it .

GREAT JOB JENNY. YOU AND PIN STRIPING GO TOGETHER LIKE PEAS AND CARROTS :mrgreen: ....NOW GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

weekend-fun said:
Cool! The pinstriping can only turn out good, right? :lol:
I've always been interested in pin striping, but I don't know much about it. Any tips on where/how I can learn?
you can pick up alan johnson's book about pinstriping and watch some videos on youtube seems like a lot of people are going that route these days i need to pick up his book i hear its really good

I am planning on scuffing scallops with 800 grit sandpaper onto my Silverking to make the scallops a satan finish. then pin striping parts of the polished section. How well do you think the paint will hold? or should i scuff under were i want to stripe too. If you lived closer i would have you do it. I like your strokes!

imagearchy said:
I am planning on scuffing scallops with 800 grit sandpaper onto my Silverking to make the scallops a satan finish. then pin striping parts of the polished section. How well do you think the paint will hold? or should i scuff under were i want to stripe too. If you lived closer i would have you do it. I like your strokes!
no need to scuff up paint in order to use 1shot on it that stuff is pretty good at holding on things :)

HotRodJen said:
weekend-fun said:
Cool! The pinstriping can only turn out good, right? :lol:
I've always been interested in pin striping, but I don't know much about it. Any tips on where/how I can learn?
you can pick up alan johnson's book about pinstriping and watch some videos on youtube seems like a lot of people are going that route these days i need to pick up his book i hear its really good
Thanks, I'll haveti check it out. I just realized the same question has been asked numerous times... My bad! :oops:

nice job jen your better than me by far. iduno bout buying books and tapes i learned just by taking paint to anything that sat still long enough and gained skill like that.

karfer67 said:
nice job jen your better than me by far. iduno bout buying books and tapes i learned just by taking paint to anything that sat still long enough and gained skill like that.
i did the same thing but as for what thinners, brushes, loading the brush etc that stuff will all be in there good for beginners that have no idea where to start

Your skills are incredible! You have motivated me more now to attempt to do pinstripping on my bike for the first time. Here goes nothing!

got to the frame over the weekend and tonight which isnt turning out to be much fun bc the ac isnt working and its getting very hot in my room , but the orange is done on the top tube,the seat post, and the ubber back tubes that connect to the dropout. i have commission work to get to and if i can ill start layin the second color on this frame tonight .

the seat post was a little tricky for me to do

top tube

Re: Kidney Stew - pinstripin 7/12/11

Van Go-Go!!!

AWESOME Jen !!! wish my GF could stripe like you but the nearest she gats to a brush is doing her nails, Mmmm that gets me thinking :idea: :?:

Rodderz said:
AWESOME Jen !!! wish my GF could stripe like you but the nearest she gats to a brush is doing her nails, Mmmm that gets me thinking :idea: :?:
hahaha get her some brushes ya never know , im actually horriable at painting my nails my b/f actually told me i should try using a pinstriping brush to do them hahaha

Re: Kidney Stew - frame pics

im beat ! been pinstriping like crazy but not the bike frame until late last night i was on a roll with my other projects and kept on going , layed down the ivory on the top bar i hope i have time tonight to do more on it ill post some pics soon .

and i finally figured out what i might use the left over aluminum for its either that or a piece of wood ... what could i be up tooo ??? not telling !! :)

Latest posts

Back