Kinesis

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ish

Reaction score
Found this at a moving sale today. It's an aluminum bike made by Kinesis USA, and is an oddball bike from ~2001 that I can't find much info on. All I know is Kinesis bought Mountain Cycle in 2001 and moved out here to Portland, then sold Mountain Cycle in 2006 and went back to Taiwan. Kinesis makes/made many high end frames for other MTB manufactures like Ellsworth, Specialized, etc.

Most of the components are great - Deore LX and XT, Fox Vanilla R rear shock, and Marzocchi Z1 X Fly front shock. First full suspension bike I've owned.

Kinesis.jpg

I am pretty sure Kinesis is British. I have thier forks on two of our bikes.

I was able to find out some history on the bike. The above bike was one of the last bikes they made before they acquired Mountain Cycle here in Portland, OR. They both sold it direct as a Kinesis bike, and the frame was also rebranded by high end, "boutique" MTB brands like Dagger, Ionic, etc. The bike is pretty durable and well-reviewed (according to the few that have owned one). I'll tune everything and see if my gf likes riding it; the frame is too small for me.

Latest posts

Back