KRAZY HORSE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a thought of trying some other tires today and it didnt work out so well , this was a 2.125 tire on a 4" rim , it was like a shot gun going off in the shop when it went , going to stay with the tires i started withView attachment 10432

Bummer. If you're looking for wide whites, check out www.classic-cycle.de. They have a lot of great tires!

Well i tried the curved forks and been looking all day at them , i like the idea but for them to look right i have to cut the frame back apart and redo the rake on the steering head , i think i am going with the straight forks on this build and set the curve ones aside for an upcoming build , so i got started on these forks and found the bars and goose neck from an old
2015 build off bike straight forks003.jpg
bike to use , i just need to keep moving forward as we all know the clock is ticking and i can miss the dead line
2015 build off bike straight forks001.jpg

I think the curve matches , the part I don't like is where the steer tube is welded on , it needs to be inline with the top part of the forks and that means cutting the tube back off the frame to change the angle and it will take to long to start that part over again so I will just use on this frame that I haven't finished yet

BTW, I like the straight forks better. Too many curves and you run the risk of building a Dr. Seuss bike. Just my opinion.

I have to admit that I agree now that I see the straight ones on there. :blush:

In fact, I think straight ones would be better on that other masterpiece you're working on too o_O

Glen.

View attachment 10819 Well i got the bike in roller form tonight , a little more welding and drill some holes to run the cables through and a front brake mount and i can start painting
I don't remember if you said what you're doing for a seat so that should be interesting to see,aside from that I really like the frame you built.This thing is freaking AWESOME

The "tank" on that bike is the corner pieces off a dinner booth , and the chrome cap is a center cap from a jeep wheel

Very cool. Looks like a jet engine or missile.

Funny thing is I haven't made up my mind yet what I am going to do with the seat , the post that is there is to close to the rear tire so it has to come off and make another one but I don't think I want to do just a post , going to try something different for this one , stay tune the seat mount will be next
I don't remember if you said what you're doing for a seat so that should be interesting to see,aside from that I really like the frame you built.This thing is freaking AWESOME

Back