Kustom Kruiser Moto Glide

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Picked this up for a song on Craigslist today. Since surfing the Dyno pics in the gallery, I really liked the Moto Glide and just happened to see this one listed yesterday afternoon. I was getting ready for a wedding and knew I'd probably not be able to buy the bike. Luckily, the seller was also busy and agreed to give me the first shot today.

The bike is in decent shape, a few minor scratches. Had to replace a broken spoke nipple, but all else is solid. After remounting the tire, rode down the driveway, and the tire blew off the dang rim! Amazingly, the tube didn't pop and no damage to the rim from the asphalt. I mustn't have seated the bead properly because I used a hand pump like you should and didn't over inflate.

It'll get cleaned up and I'll ride around and see how I like it. I'd like to see a banana seat on it, but I'll probably put a layback seat post on it (my answer to every cruiser I've had). Most likely, I'll end up selling this one, but I'll have fun with it for a while.

Nice find, there is one listed here for $200.00 so I am watching it closely!

I spent some time and money on the Moto Glide and like it for what it is: slow, smooth and heavy. I got a layback post post which gives it s nice stance. I also had to replace the crank arms because the threading where the lock nut sits was slightly stripped, so the nut couldn't be secured. I found a set of beefy cromoly crank arms in slighlt longer 175mm length. While I was at it, I popped the bottom bracket cups out, cleaned up the inside of the shell, and pressed em back in with some grease. This took care of the creaking that I at first thought was a bad pedal.

The bike is looking pretty nice. I think a few scratches may buff out. Some of the paint chips need to be touched up if I can find a decent paint to match. It should turn a lot of heads.

Latest posts

Back