kz400 cafe racer...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am getting a 1976 kz400 with 3000miles on it for dirt cheap.... i am thinking of turning it in to a cafe racer ne one build one b4 and have some cool pics and sujestions for me that would be greatly appreciated..... i don't have the bike yet as soon as i do i will post the pics..

these aren't kz400 cafe racers but they might give you alittle inspiration.

10354960-S-1.jpg

CRB6-1.jpg

cb750cafe2-1.jpg

cr1-1.jpg

yamaha-yl1-1.jpg

i have a yami twin (1971 100cc-same as the last pic) and a yami 305 big bear (1967) i'm doing up in the cafe racer style

Ooooh! love the Moto Guzzi's mint! And as i come from the ancestral home of the cafe racer i should know! :lol: just kidding ...great looking bikes!!

I'd like to learn more about motor cycles. I think starting off with something like a 400 would be a good start.. What model and what price should I look for ....Any good web sites that will help me learn.

i found an awsome how to fibreglass you own seat ban for a cafe racer so i am deffenetly going to try it

i think i am picking up the kz400 this weekend so i hope to get some pics very soon.....

I LOVE Cafe Racers.
Funny that we are talking about this now becasue I have recently figured that after five bike builds that have come out very successfully I am about ready to step things up a bit. I plan on getting myself a 60's or early 70's small displacement standard and turn it into a cafe racer.

Here are some of my current insperations :

Jawacaferacersm.jpg

img1409vq0.jpg

CB160_1.jpg

gn400caferacer2.jpg

mecatwinbonnie1.jpg

mecatwinbonnie2.jpg

joenew160.jpg

The Jawa looks fantastic, i had one [in standard trim] back in the late '70's i came off it on the 'coal' road near where i live and still have black knees 30yrs later to prove it :lol: coal dust under my skin!... the gear lever became the kick start if i remember correctly!. The little hondas look so neat,love em!

I always had a hankering to build a road going Speedway looking bike, i think you guys call them oval racers? Like the Harley xr750's ....love the old Harley Cafe racers mind .....bet they worth a bit now :) ...into the small displacent bike you guys are suggesting much more fun!

......I didnt take many/any! photos when i was 'younger' but here is a pic of me and my old z650 that a friend took many, many years ago.....bit 'fussy' compared to the neat cafe racers but a great ride :lol: :lol: !!
oldpicboris.jpg

those are some sweet "little" rides. big displacement cafe racers are totally killa, but ya have to admit the smaller bikes have a style all to there own. :)

well i piced up the kz400 and its in emaculate condition but my computer is dead so i haven't been able to post pics but as soon as its fixed i am posting pics and its only has 2350km on it.....

snowpics002.jpg

its under the blue tarp lol

i have to dig it out the i will get a couple of good pics of it ever since i got the bike the weather hasn't cooperated with me...

well its been a longtime.... but finally i took the tarp off when i got home from work just so i could snap a couple pics for thoughs of you who were interested in my bike those many months ago and i didn't forget about you the bike was just buried under 4 feet of snow lol so here you go the debut of my new little toy i can't wait to get her started...

Picture003.jpg

this is the original miles
Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

has ne one ever worked on one of these b4 cause i have questions and need to talk to someone who knows what there doing this is my first motorcycle i have never worked on nething like this b4

Latest posts

Back