* LA ROTOSA *

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some free time yesterday and guess what I did?

Well I was planing on making my own fender and tank out of fiberglass, but when I got to it I discover the resin was acting strange. Won´t be buying this same brand in the future :x
Thou what I got left is pretty :lol:

The tank is made of light wood, I really like the shape I got.

And here is the lay back seat post... should that part be there?...
You bet!!!

Having second thoughts about the paint scheme, cause I want her ratty but with class. :|
Something will pop up in the big bucket of ideas, I´m sure,
Stay well N´ride hard!

People around used to say I was getting my self electrocuted with the welder, since I was never trained to use it. So it started as a chalk drawing to spook Mom, and then I liked it, so made it permanent.
Not very common around here :D

Got the wheels in black today...

No I haven't! That´s some cool stuff, very talented guy!
Thanks for showing me that thread buddy :wink:

The build is looking really great!! I immediately fell in love with your latest pic’s but had to laugh at two of them. :shock: That seat post is really really cool and wow that tank bro looks amazing!! But what’s up with the two ice cold glasses of water? :shock: :lol: I have never seen that before! Your right, I would definitely use another brand. Can you find a 3M supplier there because that is what I am using on mine and It works really well. Can't wait to see more!! 8)

Keep up the great work buddy!!

Thanks buddy!
That resin came in a glass bottle, and I had it for a month or two, was never opened
Too bad I buy things from different places, I don´t remember where I bought it so instead of changing it for a new one, it turned into art... Water Rock I call it :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
Hopefully I´ll get some building done today!!!

Can´t belive it!!!
I just found and bought a 1´conduit bender!!! :D :D :D
I´m super happy, now I can bend that fork a little more, and probably will start a build from scratch...
But first, I´ll finish La Rotosa!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Whahooooooooo :D

Hey guys, here is a little sample of what´s coming.
I took this fender and fork and gave them a patina with an old brush and several different colors, then sanded them.
This is not how they finally turned up, I've been able to make some more progress on the bike, mostly on the past weekend, but my schedule is quite tight right now.
So expect to see this two on a different level!

Picked up the conduit bender yesterday!!! :D
I looked for that &%*& all over the country, went to another "state" to buy it. So cant wait to have time to get to the garage, Kotamize the forks, take some pics of the progress and finish the bike... hopefully this weekend!

OK :wink: :lol: :lol:
First thing was to try my new conduit bender, see if it was as easy as Kota says...

And it is :D

Fender patina:

And the inside:

Tank in place:

Some how got rust on a wooden tank:

I promise good photos when I get her finally done, and not this cell pics.
If all goes well, I´ll get her done during the week, until then, stay well everybody! :mrgreen:

Great work on painting that patina-look! I really like those checkers on the underside of the fender. Is that becoming something of a Gdcast trademark? :)

Mmm... I like those checkers... It could become trademark...
Thanks for the nice words my friend!

The patina is awsome! also checkered under paint. I guess we are spoiled around here we can get our little grubbies on just about anything we can pay for and more than we need sometimes. I have a 1/2 and a 3/4" conduit bender in the basement and an extra 1/2" in the garage in case I get lazy and don't want to go down stairs.
Gary

Unbelievable!! :shock: I miss a few days of RRB’s and what do ya know...... You found a conduit bender, the fork is bent to perfection, the tank is mounted and that patina is SICK!!! Wow!! And now you are starting a trademark for your builds? Well that’ll teach me to miss a few days!! :oops:

Keep it up!! I cant wait to see what’s next!! 8)

Thanks for the good vibes guys!
Patina turned out quite good actually, you´ll see that better once I take good shots. I basically brushed several stokes of different colours on the fender and fork, then sanded and let a little rust to show up.

Im pretty happy about this bike, I really like the hole spirit of it. More than exited about those forks! Man this bike is low now!
Is the second time I do those checker fenders, first time was with dad´s board track I did for the Anything goes build off. I like it enough to stick in my builds.

Cant believe I found a pair of apes for her, those are not common around here either!
But that's on the next episode of La Rotosa... :D

WOW.....I missed this whole thing! There's just so many of US now, and it's difficult to keep up with everybody. VERY COOL bike, with a LOT of cool ideas. Looking forward to the finished pics. ..........I LIKE THE FORKS :lol:

Back