Ladies Elgin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just traded for this today. I liked the look of it. Still not sure what it is other than it had a drop stand, some cool pointy fenders, and a funny bent crank. Says Elgin on the rear brake arm. Still can't find the serial # on it. It's been re-painted with serious orange peel with what looks like house paint and the wheels will need new spokes.

elgin001.jpg

elgin004.jpg

elgin002.jpg

elgin003.jpg

Nice find 8) ....I'm in the process of fixing up a similar vintage ladies Elgin.

Looks to be an early Monark to me...maybe some one just threw an Elgin rear wheel on it?...or perhaps a Monark built for Elgin? I don't know for sure but if you want to sell the rear rack,PM me...Pappy 8)

Pappy said:
Looks to be an early Monark to me...maybe some one just threw an Elgin rear wheel on it?...or perhaps a Monark built for Elgin? I don't know for sure but if you want to sell the rear rack,PM me...Pappy 8)
I'm gonna find out a bit more about it first and I think my girl has claimed it. She said she liked it and it's her favorite color so I may fix it up for her. She's already got a '68 Schwinn Hollywood but I think she'd make this bike look good.

I didn't notice it bent and I normally look for stuff like that. Either way I sold it today so I could buy my Hutch.

I think it's that it doesn't have a front tire on it so it was throwing the angle off in the photo.

Latest posts

Back