Ladies Murray Westport

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this one up about a month ago at a garage sale for $20.00. I had every intention of stealing the good parts for my Murray Cruiser. When I got it home, my wife wanted to try it out, so I aired up the tires and it rode like a Cadillac. The first pic is when I got it home from the farm. The next are from today, after I cleaned and polished her.
DSCF1513-1.jpg
1009120008.jpg
1009120016.jpg

Oh yea, and that's a mirror I bought in a grab bag of stuff for $2.00 that same day.(Got the mirror first. LOL)
(I gotta figure out how to re-size these pics!)

Here's what I did with mine. It was so dirty when I got it, I thought it was Maroon, not candy Red.
100_0692.jpg

100_0695.jpg

Great looking bike, it shone up nicely. But what are you doing with Elvira in your garage? :D

I found the male twin to that. Haven't done much but replaced the ruined fork and made it ride-able. Getting ready for paint tomorrow hopefully.
P8240115.jpg

My uncle has a males version, untouched, hanging in his garage. I'm going to see if he'll part with it, you know, so we can be all matchy, matchy for the Midwest Bike Fest. LOL I like what you did with yours Big Fat Whitewalls, how difficult is it to chop the finder like that? If I was any closer to you, outskirtcustoms, I'd try to snag yours, before you paint it. If nothing else, I'm sure my uncle will let me use it.

I put the front fender on the back. I cut it off at the bottom, and drilled one hole, and attached it to the factory mounting tab by the kickstand. Dean

Robeast said:
My uncle has a males version, untouched, hanging in his garage. I'm going to see if he'll part with it, you know, so we can be all matchy, matchy for the Midwest Bike Fest. LOL I like what you did with yours Big Fat Whitewalls, how difficult is it to chop the finder like that? If I was any closer to you, outskirtcustoms, I'd try to snag yours, before you paint it. If nothing else, I'm sure my uncle will let me use it.
Well I still haven't gotten to painting it, I have the paint just not the time to do it yet. Been to busy with my Army bike, I got a really classy color combo for it though. Antique white scallops over satin indigo.

Ratfink1962 said:
Mine started life as a Westport, now its a little bit different...

021.jpg
Wow that looks great! How'd you make the tank?

Back