STBO Lamia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lamia
IMG_6446.jpeg

I picked up this Monark Firestone Cruiser frame for $20 in a package deal with a WCW a few weeks ago. I liked that it had a tank, which is something I usually have to make. The build was contingent on finding affordable bikes for parts. Luckily I came upon a Murray Sears 24” 3 speed for $20 and an Electra 3 speed for $60. Minus a handlebar and fork swap choice, those bikes will provide what I need for the build. I will choose colors to coordinate with the Electra rims. If I can get this build done for under $150, I will be very happy.
IMG_6502.jpeg
IMG_6504.jpeg
IMG_6401.jpeg
IMG_6392.png

Last edited:
That’s such a cool frame. Looking forward to seeing what your mind’s eye beholds. 💪
Thanks @Pondo I think I have the bones of it figured out.
I got the donor wheels and tire set cleaned up and filled. I hope they hold. The donor also came with really sun worn and torn grips, so I had to make a purchase @$14. If I want to stick to a $150 dollar build, I have $36 left to spend. The Murray donor is getting used on two or more builds, but this one will get the crank, stem and possibly the rack. I pulled my lowered springer from my Hiawatha which needs a restore. I think it will a good addition to this bike. I was originally going to use the original fork, but the Electra hub would not fit. Also the truss rods are missing so I will save it back and hope I come upon the trusses someday. Getting a mock up going this weekend so I can spend time on paint concept.
Here is the formula.
IMG_6546.jpeg

Latest posts

Back