Landrace fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy folks! I've been working on one of the slowest builds in history, but I the end product should be pretty rad. Of course I'll post once i've got all the parts! So, it's a clunker: prewar schwinn 32.5mm headtube.

I want to use a tioga mx or bear trap 2 headset. I don't know the stack height on these and that might be a problem... but, the question I have is about the race diameter. These are 27mm.

The fork I want (or can afford) is the Landrace fork from Porkchop bmx. It has a race diameter of 26.4mm so will need to be ground down. A LBS has the Park tool to do this but has warned me that not all forks work because some have a steerer tube that is too large for the milling tool to slide down over. I have repeatedly emailed Porkchop asking about the OD on the steerer tube but I have yet to get a response. Does anyone out there have a Landrace fork? Can you tell me the steerer tube OD? also, do you know if it would work with the BMX headset once it is seated? Or anyone want to throw away their Tange 1200s? Cheers!

Mike from Porkchop got back to me on this. It is a 25.4 OD. Now if only the LBS would call me back! Thanks Mike!

Back