Late 30's Wards Hawthorne Silver King

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
masterpoop63 said:
what about a chain? just saying :mrgreen:
The wheelbase is so long that a standard 56 inch skip tooth chain is about 3 inches short. I have another forum member from The Cabe sending me some extra links to extend it a bit. After that I should be rolling just in time for spring at the beach!

Done!...Wel almost, I still want to get some cruiser tires but she is ridable! And it ride really nicely, smooth, laid back and comfy. A perfect cruiser for my inner attention ...... My little helper is quite proud.
IMG_5145.jpg

IMG_5146.jpg

IMG_5147.jpg

IMG_5152.jpg

IMG_5150.jpg

IMG_5151.jpg

IMG_5149.jpg

I bet he's saying "Some day I'll be riding this mean machine" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Very nice bike, nothing like the color of chrome :mrgreen:

sandmangts said:

Strings_and_steam said:
Beautiful! I love these frames :mrgreen:

The only thing (IMHO) that could make this look better would be some brown cruiser tires
Funny you should say that. I am going to order some as soon as I have a little money.

Wow! She a beauty, very nice high end look. BTW what kind of bike stand is that iam looking to get one and I was wonderng how much is it. Or do you know anyone selling one?

Cool bike A..........
I recognize those wheels. kinda....
Beautiful project.
Your boy is awesome.....
T

Ok, now I am done. If the rain would stop maybe I could take her for a ride. Right now it is pouring and I am pissed.
IMG_5164.jpg

IMG_5161.jpg

Well it looks like I lucked out again. I found a chainguard that fits very nicely. I got it at a garage sale for 10 bucks so I figured if it wouldn't work I would just sell it. Turns out the length is spot on. The hole in the rear matches perfectly to the bolt on the frame that holds the chainstay to the seatstay. I drilled a small hole and attached a catilever brake boss. I then used a 1 inch hinged bmx seatpost clamp to hold the guard on. Test fitting was perfect and solid. I tried to paint it with Duplicolor chrome finish and although I sanded and primed I was not pleased with the results so I am going to have it chromed.
IMG_5270.jpg

IMG_5268.jpg

IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_5272.jpg

IMG_5228.jpg

IMG_5224.jpg

Back