Leaf Spring Fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  • I'll Start
027-2.jpg
006.jpg

Here's my low indian front end, a cut up leaf spring off a small boat trailer, tried
three spring plates too stiff two worked out perfect. Used a couple of old car disk
brake pad backing plates as the pivot arms.

p6275900.jpg
p6265892.jpg

p6275924.jpg
p6275922.jpg

Pushie Pirate said:
Here's my low indian front end, a cut up leaf spring off a small boat trailer, tried
three spring plates too stiff two worked out perfect. Used a couple of old car disk

Am I correct in assuming that when you hit a bump the spring is pulled down? I know that spring is meant to be loaded the other way, but im guessing with the bolt through and the comparitive small amount of weight, you get away with it? :?:

Looks awesome by the way... I prefer your "slowest Indian" build, but this one aint far behind! Great work!

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Pushie Pirate said:

Am I correct in assuming that when you hit a bump the spring is pulled down? I know that spring is meant to be loaded the other way, but im guessing with the bolt through and the comparitive small amount of weight, you get away with it? :?:

Looks awesome by the way... I prefer your "slowest Indian" build, but this one aint far behind! Great work!

Luke.

Spot on Luke as I said tried three leafs too strong, originally a trailer spring so no where near the weight,
spot on again she's too light the thing actually works on bumps and most importantly makes for a nice ride,
looks good and functional!

Pushie Pirate said:
Spot on Luke as I said tried three leafs too strong, originally a trailer spring so no where near the weight,
spot on again she's too light the thing actually works on bumps and most importantly makes for a nice ride,
looks good and functional!
Awesome!

Luke.

Nice! thanks for digging that up. Simple beautiful design, the build thread goes more into depth about how he built it, certainly gets the gears turning about doing one myself!

Back