Learnin' The Ropes (A Thread for Newbie Scratch Builders)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man! I had read somewhere on a welding forum that I stumbled across that the cheapo Chinese welders perform a lot better if you throw the cheapo Chinese flux wire in the trash and get some good stuff.
I WILL go immediately to my local Tractor Supply and get some of the Hobart wire the next time I break out the welder. Again, thanks for adding some credence to that claim.

Tailwinds said:
Thanks man! I had read somewhere on a welding forum that I stumbled across that the cheapo Chinese welders perform a lot better if you throw the cheapo Chinese flux wire in the trash and get some good stuff.
I WILL go immediately to my local Tractor Supply and get some of the Hobart wire the next time I break out the welder. Again, thanks for adding some credence to that claim.
I meant Lincoln wire not welder in the post above.

I've actually heard that the Italy made wire at HF is good but I really liked the Hobart wire so I try and stick to it now. Last time I drove past a Tractor Trailer Supply I ran in and got a spool of Hobart to keep on hand.

Back