Leather Seats .... Old School Look .. Testing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSCF0849.jpg

DSCF0848.jpg

DSCF0846.jpg

DSCF0850.jpg

DSCF0856.jpg

DSCF0857.jpg

DSCF0858.jpg

Hey !!

Iv'e been watching & admiring all the recent tallent & topic on seats here in the past few weeks.
Another guy Iv'e been checking out is the Firewalker Dude's stuff up in the Great White North ... ayy . He was a real insperation .
Well ok here go's ....... shameles promotion here ... LOL . Here are a few photos of the seats iv'e been a makinn these days , south of the boarder down here in sunny Sacramento, Ca. ..... Now taking orders
A lot of you her have seen or put up with me ramblings here in the past , all with out any photo's to oogle or anything to see .
Well if all this works we should have photos of a seat & my Outcast Bicycle ..... It was an orphin, sitting on the neighbors corner .. next to the street .
I fianaly couldn't take it, asked him about the bike & .. He said it had apeared in the dark of the night on his property .
If I were to get rid of it 4 him he would be grateful ... the rest was history.

OK here go's .... YIPPY maybe photos lol .

Wingman / Stephen

This is Wingman Leader headed back to base 4 lunch ... OUT

Thank you Mr. Sensor.

Coming from you , it's a pretty special compliment.

I can do anything Pearson in leather , w or w/o the fring or crashbars. The fringe or skirt is pretty straight forward BUT, the crashbars get kinda intense .
As soon as the demand picks up I will tool up to do Troxel & or whatever pan type seat might be out there .

Somthing that ya can't see about this seat is that I removed the metal on the tray were your hip bones rest on the leather. There are two triangle reliefs that allow the leather to conform to your hips when you sit on it , kinda like a hammock conforms to your body shape. This alone changed this deal from an old un comfortable POS , and propelled it to the front of the pack, even ahead of my favorite Brooks saddle as my most comfortable.

So what has happened here is.... in the search for comfort, not only did I find comfort but it also has that cool old time EDGY look about it !!

Ya gota love it when a plan comes together ... and it works out yano.

Mr. Sensor, find a decent core that hasn't been run over by a mack truck or whatever , & maybe we can do a trade deal on a seat ok ... leather 4 color ......

Nobody had anything to say about my Orphin, Outcast Bike ..... It is my newest bicycle .
Should I post Picks of my other , older stuff ???

OK , got a fresh clip so here goes ....Click ... click ..Cover your ears lol
Radadatadatadatadat .... Radatatatatadatadatadatatatadatadatadat click click .. Dam Pow Pow Pow pa Pow Pow Pow .

Ahhhhhhh ... Much better now LOL .. YIPPY, YEAhawwww ,WAhoooooooooooooo !!

Everyone have a great day,

Stephen / Wingman

" This is Wingman Leader Returning to Base to reload & a plate full of waffles ...... OUT "

looks good see i knew you would figure out how to post pics. i will get your pics up too buddy i just have to find my camera in the garage it got moved in the ummmm move. you will like my pics the seat is sitting on the roof of the ranchero :) this seat is stunning guys in person and the workmanship is amazing. i dont know if you guys realize he made the crash bar that is on it too it was so well done i thought it was factory when he showed me this seat. well done my friend :D

i agree the crash rail is perfect. but lets not forget the seatpost he made also(the one on the rusty schwinn that he rode on the last ride)
trust me.if i can ever find a raw pan that i need recovered ill be getting in touch

Hey I have an older Brooks saddle that tore right near the rear under metal structure. Any chance you could fix it? I was thinking of pulling all the rear rivets, then a second piece of leather could be put under the saddle to reinforce it, a couple stitches around the rip, then re-rivet.

yay for Sacramentons.

No promises .... would love to give it a look see ok ... have leather / buckskin thread with needles on hand.

still need to get you that brooks saddle to look at. Worst case I'll bring it to the hooligans swap meet

Wingman said:
how much do charge to build seat like that and is there a certain type of seat i need to have for you build me a seat like that and do you accept mail in orders :?:

i think you should come up with some sort of price for the seats. all i can say is they are amazing and if anyone wants the best of the best and not just go the easy route and use a brooks you cant go wrong with one of these. his quality is amazing i was speechless the first time i saw one of his seats

LOL ... Kafer , I love ya man .

He is rite.

I will spend the day trying to develope a price list . ... Its kinda hard cause there are so many steps that are or are not ness to end up with a seat.

Just to use the most obvious ... am I gona start with a rust bucket that will require a acid bath & glass beed just to proceed OR are we starting with a seat that requires a minimum of restoration ... I/E NO FRAME RUST OR REPAIR .... Recover only.

So far I have Persons molds only. That's gona change real fast I would Imagine.

Here is kinda how the list will look

Process Options

Skirt W/ Fringe
No Skirt or fringe
Chonchos, Studs , adornments
Handmade Chrash Bar
special art work or lettering
Two tone ... Honey & Black
Pan Repair
Broken Springs
Tig Welding Repair of Frame
Custom Springs
Special Chrome .... I will use Proctors Chrome 4 this

I would Guess & this is only an estimate ...... Basic service Recover pan Only W/Plain Jane Molded Leather, Copper Rivits.. NO skirt... No Conchos ... No Art .. No Chrome ...... $ 120.00 + Shipping. This is a starting point BUT The sky is the limit here on Customazation of your particular seat.

I will try to edit this post with another photo of the plain jane version ... It's pretty racey looking too.

So dose that sound Fair .... Here is your chance to help me set the pace..... Please speek up now ya no.

Mr Kafer , count me in 4 a space in May .... Even if all we do is fill the space with BBQ & Local Pinstripers at work ok And Oh Yea , almost forgot Sodas & Red Glasses full of Yellow Fluid ok

The Menu will Be BBQ Rib Tips & Lou Lou's World Famous Homemade Potato Salad

Turn around will be about 2 to 3 weeks from reciept & these seats will be done on a limited basis hopefully making them collectable lol ( Limited to how long I last )

Everyone that has PM ed me please hold on ..... I will B Answering ya.

OK EVeryone pile on here

Wingman / Stephen

Wingman Leader Returning to base 4 Waffles & Strawberys ...... OUT

well buddy when i get some spare cash i will shoot you a pan to do. that in my opinion is a deal for a one of a kind seat. a basic mass produced brooks is only a few bucks less but thats the easy way out. i am good with metal, and lines, but leather i will leave to you. also have you ever toyed with the idea of polishing an old metal pan or even not doing leather on some and doing say metal flake vinyl?

Yes I Have

I have a metal tray that I just Painted .... went with white with Black Scallops

Looked .......

Back