Leave it alone or part it

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Picked up this Stardust today. As is typical of girls bikes, the chrome is beautiful and nothing is dented. Even the original tires haven't any cracks at all and seem like they were put on a week ago. The seat has a tear though! Goes well with the Fastback. But that Stardust could put a big start in getting another Fastback on the road again!

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

I could use them tharr tires for my Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaastbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. Just sayin :D

as much as I want most of those parts for my other fastback I say leave em as a set :) I bought a 3 speed stardust for parts to help restore my fastback and like yours its near mint, but my girlfriend claimed it as hers and I couldnt bring myself to part it :roll:

never destroy a good bike to make a salvage bike ok, use parts bikes for this. would you buy a new ferrari just like the one you have just to take the emblem off it and put it on the one that doesnt have it? no because that would be lame. just find more parts and leave a near mint bike as close to perfect as it is because no matter if its a girls or not there are not that many out there. the more you hack up the less classics we will have in the future. just my dollars worth...

Part out is not even in my Vocabulary .... I don't even understand the "Part out" ... I think maybe the people who part things out just like to take things apart ..and have no clue how to put them back together...LOL

SWEET Stardust,
I'm with most everyone else here, save this bike. Sale it to someone who wants it, buy parts with the proceeds. I think any real bike enthusiast would want to save an OG bike first and only part if it's damaged beyond repair. Cause as they say it's only OG once.

bigharley said:
never destroy a good bike to make a salvage bike ok, use parts bikes for this. would you buy a new ferrari just like the one you have just to take the emblem off it and put it on the one that doesnt have it? no because that would be lame. just find more parts and leave a near mint bike as close to perfect as it is because no matter if its a girls or not there are not that many out there. the more you hack up the less classics we will have in the future. just my dollars worth...

I see it all the time... really nice bikes parted out to piece together other mediocre bikes... :?: :roll:

Latest posts

Back