Left Coast Newb!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I finally signed up after checking out this site for about a year. Of all the vintage bicycle sites I've been on so far, this one seems in my observation, to have the most versatile members when it comes to a wide range of bicycle information. I picked up my first "resto-rat" project a year ago; a 1965 Schwinn Typhoon, and now have a few bikes between me and my wife (the Typhoon, '51 Ladies Columbia, and I just completed a "resurrection" of an all original '75 ladies Suburban 10 speed we found on CL). Recently, I bought at a local swap meet what appears to be a late 50s/early 60's AMF Roadmaster middleweight tank bike that I will be posting pics of in a separate thread to hopefully get some info about it. In addition to bicycles as a pass time, I also cruise around in a 1967 VW Sundial Camper Bus that I've owned now for 25 years and can just get the Typhoon to squeeze in when I take it to the local VW events. It's amazing how the VW scene and bicycles just seem to go hand in hand. I also build 1/24th scale model slot cars (drag racing mostly), and race them occasionally at the local track. Here are some pics of my bikes:

'65 Schwinn Typhoon

'51 Columbia

'75 Suburban

Thanks for the welcome guys. Figuring out how to post pics turned out to be pretty simple. Next, I tackle the avatar! :mrgreen:
Speaking of avatars, I like yours junknutz1975. Is that your bus; looks like a Westfalia pop top. 8)

junknutz1975 said:
yep! it's my 66 westy :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=68852 <------- THIS MIGHT HELP :wink:

Nice! I've been resisting the urge to yank the ice box/water tank unit and jump seat out to make more bike haulin' space! LOL!

Thanks for the avatar help link. I'll give it a try tonight.

Playing around with the camera this past weekend and took this shot of my 2 rides of choice. Think I'll make this my avatar as well. :wink:

Back