left sided driveline

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
working on my current build and had the idea of fliping the crank so the drive gears and chain would be on the left ont the right but when it comes to the wheel totally lost on how to make it work any ideas?

on a one piece crank the bb might come loose, pedals as well. Proably get by with just checking every now and then. They make LHD hubs for BMX stuff though, if your wanting to give it a go.

three piece cranks I would be less worried about stuff coming loose but the pedals are still reversed unless its LHD specific.

Theres always fixed hubs too

Pino Moroni used to make his track bikes in a left handed configuration, totally cool. Some people have made fixies with double drive lines, also real cool.
With enough locktite it would all work.

my ride,,,i got this idea from this cool forum 8)
IMG-20121017-00246.jpg

thats a nice set up I was thinking about fliping it but with the most stock look. Kind of a you look at the bike and know something is not normal but takes a min. to figure out what is not right. Did'nt know they made LHD hubs thinking that is what I would have to do if I go that route then it would be rebuilding the chain guard too.

the bummer is most modern lhd bmx hubs are usually 9t fitted freecoasters, i think there are some older lhd hubs out there though if you were wanting to keep a larger sprocket up front.

Back