Leonard's, please help identify

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone heard of a bike or a company called Leonard's. Was given a girls bike, really nice with a Texas logo on the front and LEONARD'S across it. Bike is rusted and a good patina so I cant find anything else on the bike.
DSC_0369.jpg

Re: Leonard's

Use to be companys with that name here in Houston. Kinda a department store. Never remember them having any bikes. Could have been a promotional thing though.

Re: Leonard's

It could be a Texas Rangerette. I think it was private labeled for a dept. store in Texas.

Well I have done a little research on the Texas Rangerette and it has a differant tank on it. Could still be the same bike just with differant accessories but I cant even find another ladies bike with a tank or chain gaurd like this one.

My guess is an Elgin "Special" pre war of course! The sprocket I would say is an after-thought. The reason I say that is that is has the "adjustment" screws on the rear drop-outs yet it doesnt have a skip tooth chainring. The tank is definately Elgin Special. Hope that helps

Well I guess I know what I will do with that skiptooth I have been holding onto, thank you very much for all the information.
Having a female Elgin almost makes me want to hold onto those two male Elgins I have a few posts down.

Back