Less than a week till our Pennsylvania vacation

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My wife and I (and kids) have been to Lancaster County PA many many times and we just love the place, good fresh food, lots to explore and just laid back. We are taking bikes and hope to explore some local places to ride and we looked up a rails to trails in Reading, so I definitely wanna go.

Anyone know anywhere else to ride for the family? I'll have my tall bike and ape hanger build off bike.

Might bring a mountain bike, from looking at the satellite images on my iPhone it looks like Buchmiller Park just south of Lancaster has some sweet trails!

Ever ride the Roanoke Canal Trail? Looks nice from above anyway, goes on for miles. Plenty of trees for shade too.

outskirtscustoms said:
Might bring a mountain bike, from looking at the satellite images on my iPhone it looks like Buchmiller Park just south of Lancaster has some sweet trails!

Ever ride the Roanoke Canal Trail? Looks nice from above anyway, goes on for miles. Plenty of trees for shade too.

The Canal Trail head is less than a mile from the house, I ride it day and night, the night rides my friends and I go on are infamous for exciting moments. If you ride it fast it can be a lot of fun, but you can take it easy and ride cruisers on it. Some friends made some freeride trails off the side of it and that's where I took a big jump and damaged my shoulder. The part of the Canal from where it crosses I-95 to Weldon is the best part of the trail, some really fun bits.

I won't be going mountain biking because it will be all family cruising and my wife pulls the tag along with our 2 year old on it. My 5 year old son likes off-road but my 8 year old daughter does better on the easy stuff.

Cool, If you're ever in Kokomo, In check out Moody Cycle shop They have some really cool old bikes in their collection including a 1910 Kokomo motorcycle.

todaystrek006.jpg

Then there's a trail that starts about a block from there called the "Walk of Excellence" It's an awesome trail that kinda takes a tour of the town's landmarks and goes through UCT park where there are some awesome trails, jumps, dirt track, or just stay on the paved trail and pick up some wicked speed coasting down the long down hill section.

Latest posts

Back