LET'S DO THIS! ~~The Bull~~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skipton

Come out and ride with The Chicago TailDraggers!
Pro Member
Reaction score
All winter I have been looking forward to this build off. But for the last month for some reason I have been trying to talk myself out of the Build Off

To busy, not enough money, to many bike projects going on, Etc.

Well I have decided to build the bike I have been thinking about all winter. The last two build offs were some of the most fun I have ever had.

Plus I think this build will motivate me to get some of my other things done. :wink:

The bike....

newstuff007.jpg

Got this frame free from a friend at work last summer (Thanks Gabe!) :mrgreen:
newstuff002.jpg

Think its a 70s mohawk
newstuff008.jpg

newstuff004.jpg

Lots More to come :D

Skipton said:
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

texasbigjon said:
thats actually a really cool frame design and sprocket! 8) looks like its roomy outback too.

lots of room :wink: and seems to be a little longer the most cruiser frames
newstuff001.jpg

newstuff006.jpg
i thought that baby looked roomy! :D the rear of the evans bobber i built , measures in at 4"! :shock: widest ive ever come across.
DSCN3295.jpg

I will use a 24x3 rear tire should fit with no issues

Sorry about the bad pic
Just working out some ideas in my head. One thing I learned building BlueX is that 31" from Bottom Bracket to the center of the seat is a perfect
set up for me for riding
RatRodBuildOff6002.jpg

Just need to "Bob" the fender and build supports :wink: the seat post tube will be cut off above the top tubes
Reference pic of blueX to show how far back the seat is

4seasons039-1.jpg

Been in Build Off less then 24Hrs all ready having a blast!

bighit said:
Loving it!
WOW Thanks! Coming from you is huge :wink:

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Sweet start man! Is this one going to have more of an upright stance or boardtracker like the Blue-X?

More like the BlueX I don't know how to sit up :roll: :wink:

Very cool, I'll be keepin an eye on this one for sure! Got any ideas on colour? How 'bout making it a "Yellow Y"? :roll: :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist, I'm still in awe of the X. That was the bike that made me want to try a set-back seatpost myself!

Back