Let's go back to 1969

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess if I could travel back to 69, Muscle Bikes might be furthest from my mind... maybe a nice Yenko Camaro ? or pre-order a Hemi Cuda convertible :)

That is such a sweet bike krate-mayhem. Any chance you know a good close to repaint color to that glow orange? I have a drag stripper like that as well that I purchased from the original owner. He decided that the glow was too bright and painted over it with orange house paint. I would really like to restore it someday but have no clue how to reproduce that color.

If you get some oven cleaner that should remove the house paint and show the original underneath... enough for an auto paint store to recreate the color. Candy is tough to match because of the required under coat, but I use metallic pearl which comes out terrific.

Hate to burst the bubble but. 1st off if ya made a time machine, you'd be doing better than scrounging fer bikes and cars. buy a good stock fer nutin them return and buy every bike or car on the globe.

Regardless, made me thinks about the romance of traveling back in time. peps would love to go back 2-3,000 years, maybe the US revolution, civil war or Victorian era. Perhaps sing a long on a bicycle built for two with a striped straw hat.

Yet it's all romance, moreover a delusion for better times.

But what if ya did?? You'd be inside of eras that would make 2015 become the land of OZ. Perhaps not so much in 1969 but when ya thinks on 1920 say, or even 1950, never mind 2-3,000 years ago because, that would be the worse nightmare imaginable compared to the 20th century. Today in 2015 life has become less complicated then ever and everyday progressing into the future we're fulfilling our dreams beyond our imagination. .

It wasn't better times, you would have worked harder than now, susceptible to harsher living conditions, political or social pressures, Disease, and without the internet; loneliness, etc.

Not much has changed that's too noticeable now in 2015, but when you conceder how much has in the past 100 years alone, I want to be in the future!

Take me forward please! I want that bike which will be made in 2115, a classic car or whatever they'll use as transportation from 2220 if you may.

In the mean time there's nothing wrong with romance, but it's just a delusion while the future is full of dreams yet to come .

If I could have just one delusion it would be: Take me forward please!

Last edited:
too true Jeff.... go back and buy 40.00 in Coke stock and you could be a multimillionaire.
Course my mentioned Hemi Cuda Convertable would meke me a millionaire, too :)

I'd love to go back and meet some historical figures. Ben Franklin, or Leonardo .... how about ......
I think if you had a time machine, bringing bikes or cars, or stocks forward would be a non-issue, you could sell trip sand be a multi millionaire anyways.

Back