Lets see all those Twin Bar frames!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1960’s Marfield middleweight twin bar canti , original
616D6D24-6D9F-41BF-B41A-A68E05E2C033.jpeg
8A81FA91-2B49-49B1-8F8F-88B6265C545B.jpeg

I started working on the twin-tube last week, only using parts from my stash (one of the many little triumphs of ratting.) I was too engrossed in the build to document it, but here is the final result: the undeniably elegant frame in a matte iron color with a six-speed derailer setup, cool handlebars, a super-sweet chrome fork,
20220116_114323.jpg
matching grips and saddle, and easy rolling 1.75 gumwall slicks. It turned out to be one of my nicer riding bikes, and will be a keeper for a while.
20220116_114352.jpg

20220116_114455.jpg
20220116_114505.jpg

Real nice looking twin tube cruiser. Any thoughts about a rear brake. Sturmey Archer makes a cassette/drum brake combo. I think they make a freewheel/drum version also. This bike has a real nice stance. Good work.

The frame wasn't right for a rear caliper, which I really wanted. I really wanted to use the cassette wheel set, so this is what I ended up with. Hey, those crazy hipsters on fixies can get by with just a front brake, or none, so why can't I? Oh, because I'm 73 years old? Good point. As it turns out, I'm really liking this bike. The small chainwheel makes it quite responsive and great on the hills in my neighborhood.

I started working on the twin-tube last week, only using parts from my stash (one of the many little triumphs of ratting.) I was too engrossed in the build to document it, but here is the final result: the undeniably elegant frame in a matte iron color with a six-speed derailer setup, cool handlebars, a super-sweet chrome fork, View attachment 183185matching grips and saddle, and easy rolling 1.75 gumwall slicks. It turned out to be one of my nicer riding bikes, and will be a keeper for a while.
View attachment 183186
View attachment 183189View attachment 183190
Perhaps in case of "Dead man's hill":comando: you can grind your left boot on the back wheel.:crazy:

Trek Earl. Sold the black one as it was too tall for me. IMO, the twin top tube softens up the ride. Very nice riding bike. The top tubes bend at the seat and continue to the rear axle. No extra welds there.

Masi Soulville ladies 3 speed with coaster brake. Twin upper tubes in a swoop. Very smooth riding bike as a result. I had to add a front hand/rim brake as the coaster only mixed with 700c was totally inadequate on down hills. I got hit by a car while riding it. Some old lady stopped at red light, looked at me and right when I was crossing in front of her, she took off.

Schwinn Signature 411. Twin top tubes with 3rd top tube tucked underneath.. Aluminum frame. Too tall for me to ride comfortably. Has that problematic Sun-Sturmey Archer SRK5w 5 speed disc brake hub with the indicator rod shifter instead of the rotary shifter.

Latest posts

Back