Lets see some pinstriped bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a few. These were done by Von Mex out of Kansas City AKA Bobby Sanchez
DSCN0137.jpg

DSCN0141.jpg

DSCN0140.jpg

004-24.jpg

003-26.jpg

002-23.jpg

001-21.jpg

009-14.jpg

008-15.jpg

007-15.jpg

003-17.jpg

001-12.jpg

Worksman013.jpg

Worksman012.jpg

Worksman011.jpg

Worksman010.jpg

Worksman009.jpg

Worksman008.jpg

SpokesmanBikeClubMeeting8-19-07016.jpg

SpokesmanBikeClubMeeting8-19-07015.jpg

SpokesmanBikeClubMeeting8-19-07001.jpg

SpokesmanBikeClubMeeting8-19-07003.jpg

SpokesmanBikeClubMeeting8-19-07004.jpg

Yes, Bobby (aka. Von Mex) is an amazing pinstriper considering his age. I had him stripe one of my old Koolers at the Boneheads show in Aug. Here is a pic.

IMG_1824.jpg

Bike related info...that was the show that motivated me to start doing more with pedal bikes. I am on my 7th now.

Keep the pinstripe pic coming.
Thanks

that Bobby Sanchez can paint! what a cool and respected artform to get involved with at such a young age. i'll be keeping an ear out for him in the years to come.
these pics are my first dance with the brush. i built this bike in 2000, and never would have guessed i'd still be riding it today :lol:
Bikes019.jpg

Bikes014.jpg

Very nice bikes and striping...and that's the second pic with a Moon crank sprocket. Where are you all finding them? I want one bad for my latest project.

Great work (Von Mex). That's a trade that computers won't take over. I might have to send you something to stripe for my ride. Keep it up.

Great work! I have a question for Bobby...can someone ask him for me? He is using One-Shot sign painters enamel which I'm familiar with. Is he using it straight from the can without thinning it? Maybe he thinned the whole can? That stuff is pretty thick to use straight and I always have to thin mine. Maybe he knows something I don't, which is why I'm asking. :wink:
B607

xddorox, you're pretty much my hero. :mrgreen: Seriously, man, how are you so good at all this stuff??? More importantly, how do you find the time to get that good? :shock:

I've been a man of many hobbies since I was a kid and I've learned to transfer my knowledge from one hobby to the next. The perfect example would be the custom headbagdes. I bought a jewelers saw to work on my custom diecast models, figured I could use it to cut a headbadge, use my cartooning skills to make the design, used the hand lettering knowledge to transfer it from paper to the aluminum sheet, used the model building skills to cut it and used the self taught metal working skill to bang it into shape. That pretty much describes the whole process of everything I do. The fact that I want it badly enough and that I'm cheap is also a great motivator. Skills can be brought over to many hobbies and tasks. You just have to keep an open mind, see what a particular skill or tool can do for you and not what it's supposed to do. I also do some mean Access programming, but enough about me. :mrgreen:

An open mind will take you to places you never thought possible, that is for sure. :D I like that attitude. Von Mek is amazing, I can't believe that is all his work, it's so perfect! Spotless! :shock: That is talent. I love the green skirt guards and the eye on the cooler. :wink:

Bobby just had his 70 orange krate repainted and brought it to me too install the cables and adjust brakes and gears and install the kickstand, so I worked a little barter and had him add some stripes on my RatRod. Heres his krate and then my ratrod with new stripes.
018-13.jpg

024-9.jpg

022-11.jpg

023-11.jpg

019-13.jpg

Now the RatRod
003-39.jpg

004-36.jpg

Bobby, AKA Von Mex striped my trike for me this weekend at World Of Wheels. Heres before, during, and after pics. hes also gonna draw me up a tattoo once my daughter is born with her name and some sweet stripes around it. hope ya dig it!

wow209068.jpg

wow209069.jpg

wow209094-1.jpg

Easy E

Back