Lets see those 'Gooses!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everybody, i wanna see those mongooses you have stashed away! i have a project of my own, a '79 mongoose motomag, with yellow tuff II mags, and i have enough parts to lay it out and show everyone, so ill do that as soon as possible. but bring out the pics! :D

OK...I think it is a 82....
hvfju005.jpg

This is my Rodger Decoster from my misspent youth, i got it back from my brother about 6 months ago i still need some brakes cranks and grips
HPIM6126.jpg

SANY0004.jpg

SANY0014.jpg

SANY0007.jpg

SANY0020.jpg

heres my goose! the paint is going to be stripped, it looks terrible and is really thick.

maddogrider said:
This is my Rodger Decoster from my misspent youth, i got it back from my brother about 6 months ago i still need some brakes cranks and grips
HPIM6126.jpg

I had one of these in 1976 when they were first released. I would love to find another one.

I remember, as a kid in the early 80's, the name Mongoose tossed around, like it was the Kleen Ex or Kool Aid of BMX bikes. I never owned one, but I remember them. I had a Schwinn Tornado, and I caught all mannr of flak from kids who had Mongooses. For the longest time, I thought of the handlebar stem w/ the 4 bolts, as a Mongose stem.

Before anyone asks, No, I don't want to buy a Mongoose; I'm firmly into the pre-war-early post-war cruiser camp, I just remember the Mongoose name from my youth.

Goose experts does this bike worth the $150
88 Californian Mini not sure if it has all orir.parts
BimyENB2kKGrHqQH-EIEs96TqN2BLP6Isbm.jpg

Well, first off you guys need to get over your phobia about riding 20" bikes. :mrgreen: I'm 6'8" and I am happy to ride around my Stingrays, etc.

Second, here is my Goose. It's and '83 Supergoose like I had as a kid. Mostly the same color scheme and parts I had back in 1983. Certainly as close as I could get. Just need some different pedals and a set of red/yellow Oakley F-1s.

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

that DOES look super! are those anodized spokes?

stretch said:
that DOES look super! are those anodized spokes?

Thanks for the compliment!

No, the spokes are factory painted to look like anodized aluminum. Same kind I had back in the day.

Actually, when I was a kid, I had black Z-rims with red and gold spokes, but that set came along and I couldn't pass them up. The hubs are sealed bearing Sunshine hubs...a very nice setup. I sold the Aluminum Pro Class wheels that came on the bike to help offset the cost of these wheels. They sold WAY to cheap on eBay though. Wasn't happy about that.

Back