Let's see those things never meant for a bike on your bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of cool stuff put on your bikes, a gold V for 58 Plymouths will be put on the front of my Christine bike when I get it done.

WW1 German medals. Gary
DSC03663.jpg

Very cool stuff guys!
I like that mtb-stem as a seatpost idea. And wow DoubleNickle... Didn't realized till now that that brake set-up was yours... :shock: 8)
Hope to see a lot more of these ideas in this thread in the future.

Here are some of mine:

mix_8.jpg

^ Aluminum strips and L-profiles. Plain and ribbed. It lends for a convincing ArtDeco/Streamline vibe. I've used it for racks, fenders, chainguards, fenderbraces, lightbraces, and quickreleasprotectors... Also used for lakespipestyle endcaps on my handlebars. The plastic strip is a piece of blinds. Used that succesfully as fenders before I took pics of evereything I did to my bikes...

mix_63.jpg

^ Assortiment of doorhandles. I picked out one to cut and grind into a sleek billet-like lightbracket.

sport_94.jpg

^ Out of these I picked the curved wooden seat to cut in pieces and mount on my rack. I fastend it with pieces of broomstick, cut in half.

my_stuff_2.jpg

^ A very cheap red trailerlense in a bicycle lightbucket mouted on the rear. Upholsterynails to make the cheap modern ATB seat look vintage-ish...
my_stuff_1.jpg

^^wow! im always checkin out the dollar stores, hardware,even truckstops for items to retrofit onto a bike. actually, truckstops have lots of cool lights and reflectors and chrome bolt head covers.

suparoospeedway said:
will the christine bike build its self?
does that lawn mower "attachment" work?

:lol: Maybe but maybe not, one of the cars left from the movie was almost lost becasue the place they took it to be restored was being investigated by the government but he was lucky to get it out before that happened.

B607 said:
WW1 German medals. Gary
DSC03663.jpg

That's a nice finishing touch. The paint reminds me of my friend's car he had in high school the hot pink and black rat rod Cadillac. Seriously it was a boat but a boat with style.

US Navy Headlamp, swapped an LED bulb in, dremeled off headlamp bracket re-wired with cloth wires, painted black and bent up some conduit hangers, some clamps to attach on struts, and blam bicycle headlight with remote battery pack. (belt buckle clip visible below, still on there)

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

KZ1000 said:
monson024.jpg

Sorry Dan and Larry, it's the only pic I had :lol:

This is a better one for Larry :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I had a great time on this ride :lol: I think Dan remebers the"incident" with Joe :lol: :lol:

outskirtscustoms said:
Man that grenade taillight is awesome. Where do you get grenades from i want to make one now.

I've had it around for years. It's real just never had the charge installed. I have bombs, torpedoes, grenades. Weird, huh?

Petrohead said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Man that grenade taillight is awesome. Where do you get grenades from i want to make one now.

I've had it around for years. It's real just never had the charge installed. I have bombs, torpedoes, grenades. Weird, huh?

Weird?..... maybe, Cool?.... Oh yeah! 8)

outskirtscustoms said:
Army Surplus has all kinds of fun stuff to work with.

Back