Let's see your Cleveland Welding bicycles!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg
Ok guys, I'm going to assume this is CWC, but I could be wrong. I don't know a lot about prewar frames, what is your assumption as to what this could be, and year? No headbadge, and you can't see the outline of the original one. What do you think it could be???? Also of note, these forks are NOT original to the frame. so this will not help with the year and origin of it.

Last edited:
I picked up this Western Flyer badged CWC a couple weeks back. I've decided to make it a rider for the summer, so I put on a newer wheelset. The only regular chainring I had was this Huffy, which looks crappy...as does the aftermarket chainguard....so I decided to just stop right here until I get a red CWC guard and a nicer chainring....but you get the idea. Here is a before and after.

cwc_wf1.jpg

cwc_wf5.jpg

Last edited:
Ok Rafael... Did a little googling. So it appears this bike maker truly does exist , Kudos to you Bro. How do you come to that conclusion? That's interesting.

Last edited:
Newest update pics of the Western Flyer a friend and I have been rebuilding.
He decided to repaint the bike blue to this Robin egg color.
I left that repaint job up to him as I rarely will repaint bikes.

Was this to begin with
2d2c4f86c3eba0f93e47d950cffaeac1.jpg

c64f8e3d7d8e5284981aa8567f4d136e.jpg

776bd9e55d88b5a474bfdb96f61688f8.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

My 1939 hot rod, bought from a fellow RRB member as a frame and fork, built up with cool stuff I had laying around. Put 25 miles on it yesterday with NERRBs Stevil and chopper49ers, and my girlfriend Denise
539fe67988e5bfaff6cb0c4aec5fb391.jpg

Not done yet but it's getting there.
1937-38 Roadmaster Roadster Fleetwood.
50eb60f55271e683242c4910d5cecaa1.jpg

Decided to finish this up for the most part last night. Swapped the girls TOC hbars back with the hbars with the rare grips that came with the bike, back on the bike. Also reinstalled the McGiver'd rear rack. Hey, it came with the bike and the last rider/owner who built this bike wanted it on there...gotta respect that.
I do have a set of Duro Cremes in route for a little more flavor and should look good with the repainted brown matching set of dropcenters which is a close match to the custom repaint job the owner did back then.
I did take it for a test drive and the bike is a bear to pedal. I need to adjust the crank and probably rebuild the rear hub with better replacement parts as its hard to brake at the moment.
All in all this has been a fun yet frustrating at times, revival.
Oh and I thought I lost the Fleetwood headbadge but, I found it after a major shop cleanup. Daggum I hate misplacing key parts. But, overjoyed when I find them.

7b9f5da6d7f7e2c299682d009adc154f.jpg

3b38b826cb8fab16887c1f3dada6f5e5.jpg

cdc5b320ae7bd4cf290808078421b9c4.jpg

Last edited:
Tried these Cremes yesterday but the vote among many of you was to keep the blackwalls.

97585ab64912dcec0deab59f2a43c38a.jpg

Back