Let's see your Cleveland Welding bicycles!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for not making me sound like an idiot for asking that. I realized what it was not long after asking the question and felt like an idiot. Anyone have any idea how to decode the serial number to figure out a year for this bike?

1954 Western Flyer CW. Heres my first Vintage Bike. Just picked it up to do a Sr project for school with my daughter We will video, take photos and have her ride it into class present for a Sr Project grade. Oh yea,,,,Her idea...I definitely need a true vintage seat though. Any sellers?
433b79d7.jpg

66f6d249.jpg

f3c6f13a.jpg

7a80866d.jpg

jaysmo : I'd love to find a tank with the same patina as the rest of it! Hope I can get to is soon, I have lots of ideas for it.

My first project, '39-'40 roadie. Need a few pieces yet to complete my 'vision' but it's not too bad of a start.

rightview.jpg

leftview.jpg

Bike007.jpg

Mole said:
My first project, '39-'40 roadie. Need a few pieces yet to complete my 'vision' but it's not too bad of a start.

rightview.jpg

leftview.jpg

Bike007.jpg

SWEET!
This is the first time that I have seen this another one of these frames other than mine. I saw one on here a while back, but the drop outs were different. Here is a pic of mine.
P1060588.jpg

Yeah... getting ready to change the color on this one. Plus get a few more pieces added in for good measure.

here is mine. obviously only the frame is AMF the and I can not figure out when it was made or what... any info would help... this is what I see on the serial number on the drop out..."M1808 3"

Rusteaze3.jpg

Rusteaze2.jpg

Rusteaze1.jpg

my first built.. and my favorite ride

chepe13 said:
SWEET!
This is the first time that I have seen this another one of these frames other than mine. I saw one on here a while back, but the drop outs were different. Here is a pic of mine.
P1060588.jpg

Oh... and holler at me if you manage to find a tank for this one. Gonna be scrounging the swap meets this winteraround the PHZ area to see what I can come up with for a drop stand, light and tank.

Those colors look really good but Imma be going in a different direction. gotta go start a thread in the 'build' area now....

:p :p :p :p :p :p

Heres my CWC after some resto work. Basically the entire bike was thoroughly scrubbed, polished, and the paint was clear coated. I recovered the original Troxel seat. The grips are new and the rubber is a set of vintage Carlisle Lightning Darts. It rides like a dream!

Photo07092106.jpg

My wife's late 40's, early 50's??? Roadmaster. I picked this up from my buddy Marty @ 10~18 Kustoms. I added the white seat & white grips. This old girl rides like a dream!

081212001.jpg

pick said:
I added the white seat & white grips. This old girl rides like a dream!
That's an awful pretty bike. I'm a big fan of these things... the curved fender braces make all the difference in the world. It's amazing how nice these old machines ride.

Mole said:
pick said:
I added the white seat & white grips. This old girl rides like a dream!
That's an awful pretty bike. I'm a big fan of these things... the curved fender braces make all the difference in the world. It's amazing how nice these old machines ride.

That shockmaster fork makes it ride like a caddy!

1speedJam1982 said:
here is mine. obviously only the frame is AMF the and I can not figure out when it was made or what... any info would help... this is what I see on the serial number on the drop out..."M1808 3"

Rusteaze3.jpg

Rusteaze2.jpg

Rusteaze1.jpg

my first built.. and my favorite ride

Found out its a 1962 AMF CWC built... love it

pick said:
That shockmaster fork makes it ride like a caddy!
One of these days when I grow up and get a job Imma get one for mine. (See the red one above)

Back