Let's see your Cleveland Welding bicycles!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked one up, suffers from rattle can abuse.
269335F8-9A9C-4466-ADA9-549454C0F31C-7405-00000731F61BD08D_zpsb20426f6.jpg

54? roadmaster

Picked this up the other day. The paints in pretty decent shape so I think ill end up giving it a thorough cleaning, clean up the chrome as much as possible and then clearcoat it. Can anyone verify the year for me?

Update, cleaned it and it has some spots with rust through the paint and struts didn't clean up as well as i had hoped. I'll probably end up repainting it down the road and maybe do the struts and rims in copper.
bike.jpg

SN.jpeg

Took a break today and built this bike
My wife was very sympathetic in my pursuit of mechanical therapy
From what I can tell the bike is a Cleveland welding company frame
early post WWII with rear facing dropouts I put a skip tooth drive on it and other period parts .
Looks like a Hot Rod
Can any of tell me if this is a Cleveland ?

image_zps5bdcf299.jpg

I picked up these 2 last weekend:

This is the first one I picked up a road Master. The serial # is B69372 I don't know what year it is If you have any info on the year that would be great. I picked it up from a bike collector. It has tires from the 1950s on it . it used to be a Whizzer bike.

The second bike I think fits in this Catagory. It is a Hiawatha Macleods (that is what the head badge says. The strange thing is the frame has made in England Painted on it. I don't know any thing about this bike but it is kind of cool. I Think I will put some white walls and a nice spring seat red rims on it. I will leave the rust on it and add some scallops to the fenders.

The frame:

The Head Badge:

The top frame bar:

Late 40's Roadmaster before and after.
eqequtam.jpg
e8asuze9.jpg

With some lines...
bysy2agy.jpg
6yva2a8e.jpg
ehuda8ab.jpg
4a7uryzy.jpg

Latest posts