Let's see your late model Schwinns!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Delmar I picked up this fall for ffffrrrreeee!!!!! :D Added mini apes and MTB tires! It is my winter ride!

coolbike.jpg

bike%202%20047.jpg

Deviations from OE spec's. :

Gooey dirty blob replaced with actual grease
Sheet metal and WW balloons replaced w/small 65 lb black walls
Gearing compensated from 44-19 to 46-17
Handle bar replaced w/larger version
Wacky stock pedals replaced w/mtb type.
EZ bolt-on mount for pannier rack incorporated w/round reflector on fender mount
Bulldog brake, Cat-eye light, cheap bell added

The 44t sprocket was re-installed since the original post, an older wide bar with more pull-back, and some slightly larger, higher pressure tires.

1997 Schwinn Rolling Rock - Stock aside from replacing the pedals with bow style and now has Schwinn brick tread blackwalls.

LZ5Y

2009 Schwinn New Belgium Fat Tire - First pic is stock. Second is with no rack, Fat Franks, and a little bit of the springer spring chopped. I've got the rack back on it now, but no pic.

100_1898.jpg

LZ5d

blacksheep said:
1997 Schwinn Rolling Rock - Stock aside from replacing the pedals with bow style and now has Schwinn brick tread blackwalls.

LZ5Y

2009 Schwinn New Belgium Fat Tire - First pic is stock. Second is with no rack, Fat Franks, and a little bit of the springer spring chopped. I've got the rack back on it now, but no pic.

100_1898.jpg

LZ5d

Nice bikes! Love the last one! Very cool! :wink:

The latest version of my DelMar, put together for my wife:
037-3.jpg

Electra seat and matching grips, '67 StingRay bars, red Weinmann rims with 3-speed Nexus, bent seat post, leather wrap around top tube to cover graphics, Bontrager Cruzer ww tires. Handles really nice, and is a wheelie monster!

Go for it - super easy to install, and works like a charm!

ckdesigns69 said:
What is the seat and seat post off of ? Looks great! These Delmars are pretty easy to work on and customize.

Thanks. Really comfy bike, and like I mentioned, pulls wheelies better than a StingRay!
Seat is an Electra cruiser saddle. Seatpost is from So Cali Customs: https://socalicustom.com/bikes/index.ph ... 1c4f8cd3df

Here she is, brand new (should look familiar!):
001-4.jpg

And the first build, a Big Boy StingRay:
DelMarProject014.jpg

aka_locojoe said:
Wife's 2010 Cream. She added the basket and Brooks saddle.
IMG_0853.JPG

loco, that's awesome looking - nice job! That may be the nicest traditional girls' bike I've seen in a long time.

Here's my fiance's Schwinn Riverside. Now with custom streamers!

IMG049.jpg

Back