Lil chik

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys.. the story starts like this.. ebay.. "schwin" bike for sale. I won it for..(drumroll) 3.25 cents! I was shocked myself. Anyway I call to set up the pickup for Thursday.. Thursday I get a call sorry we wont be home but I left the bike out behind the house. Dont worry about the money. So basically I got this lil pup for Free! It seems very untouched and all original down to the tires and bolts.
Pic039.jpg

double nothing? lol I want to do something to this thing but I dont kno what..

That's an easy bike to STRETCH, maybe about 10-12 inches. 5 or 6 speed rear wheel off of a walmart BMX type (20in), longer apes. VOILA! You would have a CHEAP pedal forward (SEMI recumbent). :lol:

ej599 said:
Good deal. Do those lil' chik's run s-2's or s-7's?
S7s are correct. I think the Lil Chik is like the Stringray junior..Lil handlebars, lil sprocket..If my daughter wants it instead of her early 60's Debutante then I will clean it up and paint it.

CCR said:
s-7's

the fairlady's had a rear s-2 like the boys bikes did.
Is it all Fairladys that have a s2 rear or a certain ones? I can't think of the name..Oh I know the Slik Chiks came with S2s

Ok I spoke to my "Schwinn Guy" he said early model Fairladys had S2 rims and about 70's and later the fairladys with the rear slick is actually a S7.. From the Factory anyway..So are there Fairladys with S2 rims and slick? Yes. Are there also Fairladys with S7 slicks? Yes. Oh He showed me a N.O.S. Goodyear slick whitewall that fits S7s for my Lil Chik..He is sitting on about ten of them.. Should I?

CCR said:
FaceOFFbikes said:
..Should I?

depends on the price :mrgreen:
Thats true. 35 bucks for the tire.. But that opens up a whole new can of worms..I didn't or better yet wasn't planning on cleaning up the bike (really the rims) So if I get the whitewalls I'm forced to overhaul it! lol

Back