Lil' Loner - camel back Schwinn Speedster build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
This bike started off as a loaner bike for my girlfriend. She needs something to ride on some rat rod rides this summer. Something small, cuz she is just a hair over 5" tall. The name is a play on the fact that it is a small loaner bike, Lil' loner. Loner, because it looks like it has a bad attitude.

Now I might keep it because she is harassing me as I type this. :x

Pretty much all Schwinn parts. Mid 60's Speedster frame. Fork from a Stingray? Honestly I'm not sure. Schwinn S-7 wheels and mismatched tires. Seat is a French "Swift" leather saddle. Made by the same people who make the Ideale. In fact the seat and drag bars are the only non-Schwinn parts!

This is one of those builds that just kinda flew together in a couple of minutes once all the parts came together. All stuff I had for a while, but not in this configuration. Kinda one of those necessity is the mother of invention kinda things. :wink:

If you know which bike the fork came from, I'd appreciate knowing.

110dbt2.jpg

317ioec.jpg

mr5yro.jpg

21c3cz.jpg

Hmm.. the seat is kinda high for a 5 footer.. (if it was a 26 even a 24..) I am gonna say its a 24.. something is telling me is a 20 inch though..

Back