Lil' Red

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this was my friends bike, but he gave it to me out of frustration. he covered it in paint an bondo, and had to get rid of it. so took it from him, and with his carless approval, i cut it up a little bit, and took a junk schwinn traveler III frame, and mashed it together. so here it is, Lil' Red, inspired by this picture:
589e9d68.jpg

as soon as i saw that picture i knew i HAD to build one like it.
DSCN5812.jpg

a little longer and and going to be more comfortable than the first one looks to be. its a little lead sled, a little chopper, a little i dont know what. :lol: there's more to come.

thats what your sprocket is going on, by the way. :mrgreen:

Are you gonna bend the forks and move the BB?..........lookin GOOD!

thanks guys. yes im going to move the bb, its about 2" off the ground. :lol: but i dont know if i want to bend the forks, i kind of like the way they look. i have to get another pair, these are off of another bike. i was almost thinking krate repop springer, but im not sure.

little bit more of an update...
got the seatpost on there, only thing stopping me from mounting that seat is that it doesnt have the seat post clamp and everything. anyone got any spares for a schwinn seat?
DSCN5817.jpg

DSCN5826.jpg

That's lookin better then the original.

that is awesome i saw the photo at the top of the page a while ago and i wanted to try something like that but i don't have that style frame i do have a girls frame it might look cool with.... top notch job on your fab work i am enjoying this build...

I've been waiting for someone to build a bike like the one in the first picture. It looks like you're off to a good start. I would also be cool to see a version based on 26" bike.
I was inspired by that bike too, and am creating a 26" version!! Starting with this:
SUNP0001.jpg
I'm working on making the added on back half look like part of the original frame. Gonna be a frame scraper! Stay tuned! ~Adam

thanks guys! no the seat post doesnt flex, i made the weld extra strong. and when im all done with the fab, im going to sandblast and start with flat black paint. 8)

i love the first pic, love the concept, love the design, but i hate that seat/seat post on this build.

just me rambling here, but i think the best part of the first pic is how the seat is below the rear tire. i think it's the coolest part of the bike and should be the inspiration behind the entire build. its just not gonna be the same if your above the tire.

if it were mine, i'd ditch the seat post and mount the seat to you rear stays. if size is an issue, stretch it out.
IMG_1145.jpg

other than that, i dig really really it!

i know, im not to happy with the seat post, i do want to change it, but for now it stays. size isnt exactly an issue, its just aestetics.i thought it might look cool with a seat post like that, but it didnt turn out like i wanted. i have no real equipment to make it pretty. all i have is a mapp gas torch and a vise for bending.

well i got a donor fork for the bike to bend and make it fit. ill get workin on it and possibly even get some pictures tomorrow.

stretch i really like where this build is going man!! i look forward to seeing where this goes. im glad it was you that decided to do this!

Easy E

stretch said:
i know, im not to happy with the seat post, i do want to change it, but for now it stays. size isnt exactly an issue, its just aestetics.i thought it might look cool with a seat post like that, but it didnt turn out like i wanted. i have no real equipment to make it pretty. all i have is a mapp gas torch and a vise for bending.

don't get me wrong, that is a wicked cool bike anyway ya look at it. :)
my bikes are often revised as i go, its all part of the creative process.:)
keep fighting the good fight!

glad you finally noticed i was doin this, E! the good fight will move on!
and i actually had a plan to cut out all the lower tubes on the bike, and put in new ones, sorta like this:
DSCN58127.jpg

but i just dont think it would fit the build and would make the bike a little too extreme, but idk. for now, it stays the way it is.

Back