Load "O" Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just bought a whole bunch of bikes. My wife thinks I am out of my skull, but you guys understand "Right?"
I had heard about a semi trailer load of old bikes from a coupl of friends, and I finally managed to contact the owner. He was planning on selling the property and the semi trailer so he wanted to get rid of the bikes. The catch was that I had to take it all or nothing.All ended up being about 70 complete bikes, 15 frames, and some NOS parts. It is all home now, and boy are my arms tired. I hauled all of the stuff by myself in two afternoons.7 truckloads :shock:
Here a couple of pics.
pile1.jpg

Here is the back half of the semitrailer
load4.jpg

Load #4, Has some Prewar bikes and a couple nice OG paint girlies
load6.jpg

Load #6, Some ballooners and two nice schwinns A B6 and a straightbar
I am planning on compiling an album and an inventory, but right now I am a little overwhelmed :roll:

WOW!!!! now you need to change your name to "Way-too many bikes!!! :D
SWEET find!!
typhoons, Racers, Speedster...struts,springers.......man, wheres the jealous emoticon!!!

I plan to share by hiring a couple of high school kids and refurbing the bikes for resale. I am in the process of starting a bike shop as a small business, it will tentatively be called "Bike Bones ReCyclery" Hopefully there is a local market for an alternative to all of the Chinese crap that is available at the Box stores. We'll see :?
I also plan on posting some stuff on the classifieds section here of course, cause there are bunch "O" rats in the pile.

YAOW!!!

I see some tasty pieces from here.

Yeah,dont forget about your old pals on here when the time comes to start partin'. I'll be circling over the classifieds like a vulture.

lixoos4.jpg

Well, at least you didn't find them at the dump, I guess I'll get SOME sleep tonight. :) Good luck with your treasure.

Hugo

WOWWWW!!!! what a find ... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Hey Hugo, at least pick up only and :D not delivered

Wow.... As much as I love cool old bikes, gotta say that VW truck is incredible. :shock:

in order to keep peace in your family, i am willing to buy the ratflex . . . just doing my part for the hobby :wink:

Thanks for all of the replies. I having been trying to get all of this stuff put away and I had a bit of buyers remorse, but its over now :)
backpedaler said:
in order to keep peace in your family, i am willing to buy the ratflex . . . just doing my part for the hobby :wink:
I showed this post to my wife and she laughed and told me I better not sell it. Sorry
SuperStuff said:
Wow.... As much as I love cool old bikes, gotta say that VW truck is incredible.
A few years ago I dragged home a bunch of old VWs and the truck was a part of the deal. It was a real rustbucket when I brought it home. That is what really broke my wife (then girlfriend) in to the fact that I have compulsive hoarders disorder :eek:
I will post some more pics of some the preratted bikes that were a part of the lot.

2manybikes said:
that I have compulsive hoarders disorder :eek:

Most of have this problem....some are just worse than others. :D :D

Nice find and look forward to seeing what you have

Back