LONG forks, lets see them

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone got any long forked chops to show off?
i know its been up before but i think we need a long fork thread
so
ill start with mine
16iv0yg.jpg

Man oh man.. Dan, id give ya 100 dollars to let me ride that to school just to see peoples faces :lol: Id go cruise around the parkin lot. AH that would make my highschool years. :D Love that bike.

aka_locojoe said:
Riverbend Bicycles said:
This is the first bike I ever customized and the start of my, going on two years, addiction. It's not a real long fork, but it is extended 5 or 6 inches.
krate.jpg

How about some details on what you did here?

I started with a 26 inch Schwinn frame. I then put a 24x3 tire with a disc brake 5 speed wheel on it. Next was the extensions to the fork, this kept the geometry closer to the original. The front wheel is a 20 inch with a drum brake. The only other modifications were to the seat. I made a small extension piece so the seat would be further back and the sissy bar would be vertical. It's a fun bike to ride and is surprisingly comfortable.

Chopped 80's Predator fork on my 24" 63 American.

Not the prettiest weld job, and the extensions aren't hollow so it weighs a ton, but it's a blast to ride.

heres one of my bikes with an extended Monark Fork

slingsling4.jpg

P1010014.jpg

and my crazy tall chopper

ornjila11.jpg

phat little chop at the bottom, i thought i had really long forks, it seems i dont, they look kinda short now.
im glad i started this thread, its cool to see some really great choppers

Latest posts

Back