Longest saddle ever?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
lixoqz7.jpg

Hugo

I have seen those before. almost silly looking. But the seat post intrigues me more.

Google Hairpin saddle. to find more.

Looks like you're riding around on a giant safety pin.

Better hope it doesn't pop open! :shock:

I just got a seat similar to this from hiwheel.com
It is pretty cool for under $30
I'm going to try it out on my Colson Flyer once I get it fixed up.
saddle2.jpg

i got the darker one. the only minus so far is that it smells like death and burnt toast....

Asked for opinions a few weeks ago...... EVERYBODY hated the seat. And yours looks TEN times worse then mine (kidding)!

002.jpg

SEE, HUGO, I TOLD YA! ............I AGREE........

i am having second thoughts about mine for my Colson. I feel like I need to put it on a Penny Farthing (Bone breaker)
maybe i'll put it on this bike I threw together for my nephews.

2215943468_477c01498f_b.jpg

2215943722_a8693e8a84_b.jpg

2215151493_7fd76c95d2_b.jpg

RatRod wrote

Looks like you're riding around on a giant safety pin.

ROTFL I fell out of the seat! Sorry Hugo around here we are to be supportive in our builds ....but at the same time try and save each other from bad moves..... but now that being said ...It really does look like an over grown safety pin :lol:

Sorry man :mrgreen:

Oh i dunno.. im thinking of getting the one at Highweel.com myself.. I cant afford a brooks and i like the look of a nice leather saddle and some chrome-y bits. I am also looking for tan leather grips as well.. would look good on my green del-sol.

TJK said:
Oh i dunno.. im thinking of getting the one at Highweel.com myself.. I cant afford a brooks and i like the look of a nice leather saddle and some chrome-y bits. I am also looking for tan leather grips as well.. would look good on my green del-sol.

YAH!....We could ask Steve to start a SAFETY PIN bike section! Or....it could be a sub section of the "BURITTO" bike category!

Hey GTCOMA: Yah.. it would look good on that bike, DO IT... DO IT... DO IT (we could have 3 bikes in the "SAFETY PIN bike" section.) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have one on my ratfink (sorry no pics) I think it fits the bike nicely...

I mean, seriously.. 30 bucks for a wonky awesome saddle like that?!!! Versus 90 for a brooks.
-tj

Dudes, it's not my saddle or bike. It just seemed longer than normal, even by hairpin standards, to me. I don't have any info on the bike, also. But I'm glad you guys can turn a crappy post into something entertaining- just like you do with bikes. :)

Hugo

I like the old style seat on the right bike, looks good on a bent seatpost, looks better on a rat bike with out fenders, but I do like mine on the 'Beer Bike" with fenders.
beerbike1.jpg

Those seats measure around 16 inches long, mine is old, the leather is worn and the chrome is pitted, just the way I like it, and fairly comfortable, from Ebay very reasonable $$. Dangerous Dan

where did you get that seatpost Dan? I think i have the same type of bike as yours, but the seat post is giving me trouble. It is a shorter bent solid post. But it is larger on the bottom and reduces at the bend. I twould be perfect if it was the larger size the full length, but the small end is just too small.

I vote for a "pin" up gallery!

I emailed the guys at high-wheel and they were very kind. They told me that the majority of the seats he sells like this are usually used for cruisers! Not the high-wheelers intended.

GTCOMA said:
where did you get that seatpost Dan? I think i have the same type of bike as yours, but the seat post is giving me trouble. It is a shorter bent solid post. But it is larger on the bottom and reduces at the bend. I twould be perfect if it was the larger size the full length, but the small end is just too small.
GTCOMA, I bent a piece of solid 5/8s inch rod, cold, with a hole in concrete ( I think a clothesline pole was there ) and a 5 foot cheater pipe to bend the rod. Then I had to shim the rod to fit in the frame. And find a seat clamp for a 5/8s seatpost. Works great, and with the seat back as far as I have it on the BeerBike, and me weighing well over 210 lbs, it has saged very little if at all. Cheap and easy. Dangerous Dan

Back