Look What i Got for $5!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Oh boy. Probably the best find i had at Ann Arbor this year.

When i was looking at it, the owners practically begged me to buy it. They had $15 on it, i paid $5...
When i got it, it was sort of a mess...No Derauiler, Messed up sprocket(the teeth were almost gone in the front!).

It has a yeti sticker on it, and people were asking me, IS THAT A YETI!? andi told them no, until the "Pro" told me it definatly wasnt a yeti, and it was a junker...Not to me pal!

I think its a specialized frame, but im not totally sure, I dont know if its the original paint, and i assume the decals were removed, it looks like there is a layer of paint missing on some parts of the bike(see pictures)

Basically all i did to get this thing on the road is i added a shifter cable, a Deore XT Derailer, fussed with the sprocket up front, put a newer one where it belonged, added a chain and tuned it, replaced the rear skewer with a lighter GT... greased it...and rode it around. Rides AWESOME!
Its now my school banger, i think its ugly enough...

I call it SASQUATCH, Since it was believed to be a yeti, but for sure wasnt.

Its now the iSas...I added an apple sticker i cut out of carbon fiber stickers i have...
ill take a picture of that soon.

IMG_5282.jpg

IMG_5283.jpg

IMG_5284.jpg

IMG_5285.jpg

Cool tire, i want to remove it and hold onto this one, but i dont have any other good tires right now...anyone happen to have one to match the front tire?
IMG_5286.jpg

IMG_5287.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5289.jpg

Blue Kool Stops
IMG_5290.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

beigeish kool stops
IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5293.jpg

IMG_5294.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

Salsa Bars
IMG_5296.jpg

IMG_5297.jpg

IMG_5298.jpg

IMG_5299.jpg

IMG_5300.jpg

IMG_5301.jpg

The elusive yeti
IMG_5302.jpg

this kind of shows the multiple layers...
IMG_5303.jpg

IMG_5304.jpg

IMG_5305.jpg

What does that say?
IMG_5306.jpg

Parts is parts bike. Ritchey made some Bikes for awhile but mostly a parts manf. now. Maybe post over at the Bikeforums MTB section subsection Retro/classic. Or over at Retrobike.uk

the seat post lug kinda looks like a 90s diamondback, but the seat stays dont match up to yours.

Heres a bunch of pictures i took of it...more at least
IMG_5328.jpg

IMG_5329.jpg

My apple sticker i made
IMG_5330.jpg

IMG_5338.jpg

IMG_5337.jpg

I got the GT bottle with it for free...its for my karakoram but matches this better

Back