looking for a old Harley bike as well as info on them

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey all,

A good friend of mine has asked me to find him a bike and of course he wants a harley bike. I have no idea where to start on this one. I've found other friends certain bikes, built them customs etc but this is new to me. Any leads to one would be great!

Thanks guys
Ty

Re: looking for a Harley bike as well as info on them

what size? the ones that I have seen around here are all kids bikes. Fiend migt have one in the barn yet too...kid sized, i think 16 incher

Sorry I should have clarified, I forgot about the chopper ones but the one im looking for is an olllld one like this
7901898_1_l.jpg

OluZF13mvplfj73ckjtJkOQzo1_400.jpg

I think your friend wants an early bike. Harley bicycles were around in the (don't quote me) 1920's or 1930's, or possibly earlier. Very rare.

Good luck,I have seen just those sprockets go for big bucks-and they aren't up for sale very often.Your best bet might be to recreate one for him.
-kreep-

I agree with Kreep on this one. Unless he's looking to spend as much on it as he would an HD motorcycle.

Replicating it or building an 'homage' bike would be the best way to go.

Here's some references:
http://www.nostalgic.net/?s=harley+Davidson

Good luck!

Cheers,
Dr. T

ok. o got nothing :( The ones i saw were later and looked like a motorcycle type thing for kids.

a 1927 Harley Track bicycle is my Grail bicycle. They were advertised as weighing 21 lbs. they look similar to this:

1917-1922_HD_Bicycle-1.jpg

Good luck! :shock: Harley bikes were made around the late teens. If there are any out there, they are the ones the HD Museum has in their timeline book :wink:

Back